Cold weather is coming, and that means one thing — it’s about to get a whole lot more exciting in the kitchen. Sure, sweet corn, eggplants, and heirloom tomato recipes have their place, but it’s time for spicy muffins , Instant Pot soups , and all the autumn produce we can get our hands on. Apples are the star of early fall cuisine, but don’t just save them for sweet treats and desserts — these 14 recipes show how a little fruit can help balance out even the most savory meals.
2. Chicken Normandy : Nothing is more satisfying on a cold night than a simmering pot of slow cooked chicken. Add some fruit into the mixture, along with tender sliced onions, and you’ve got a meal that’s the perfect balance of savory and sweet. (via This Mama Cooks )
3. Roasted Pork Loin With Apples and Fennel : Pre-seasoned pork loin is one of the best dinner shortcuts out there. Pair with roasted root veggies for a quick but satisfying meal. (via Kevin is Cooking )
4. Honey Ham, Gouda, and Apple Quesadillas : Don’t settle for a basic quesadilla when it’s so easy to make something more exciting. This one is stuffed with an intriguing mix of ham, gouda, and apples. (via Simple Seasonal )
5. Cider, Apple, and Sausage Casserole : Hearty sausages are braised until juicy and tender in this recipe, along with creamy potatoes. You’ll want to slurp up every drop of the leftover broth. (via Farmersgirl Kitchen )
7. Everything Pasta Salad : If you’re used to pasta salad tasting bland, you’re in for a treat. This recipe includes all sorts of goodies, and then tops everything off with balsamic maple vinaigrette. (via Kiwi & Carrot )
8. Apple Cider Thyme Grilled Chicken : Perfect for those warmer autumn evenings, this cider-marinated chicken gets caramelized and smokey on the grill. And when the weather starts to turn, you can make it on the stovetop until it’s warm enough for a barbecue again. (via Sprinkles & Sprouts )
9. Roasted Chickpea, Chicken, and Cauliflower Salad : Nothing hits the spot like a hearty salad, especially one that’s full of protein, veggies, and fruit. Avocado adds a touch of indulgence. (via Ally’s Cooking )
12. Baked Apple Pork Chops and Green Beans : We can’t be the only ones who are totally thankful that sheet pan meals are trending. They’re easy to cook, easy to clean up, and even easier to devour. (via Damn Delicious )
14. Plum, Apple, and Wheat Berry Salad : Hearty wheat berries make this salad perfect for autumn. Plums and apples add sweetness, while a tangy citrus vinaigrette keeps things balanced. (via Fork in the Road )
For more fun, fall-inspired eats, follow us on Pinterest .