Coping with the end of summer isn’t easy. There’s always one more BBQ, one more pool party, or one more icy cocktail we’d love to squeeze into the season. However, if there’s a reason to get excited about cold weather, it’s the excuse to bake. This year, we’re pumped to start those cool mornings off with warm, crunchy, cozy, streusel-y muffins. Whip up a batch and share them with your coworkers or tuck them into your freezer for a (literally) rainy day. Either way, these autumn-inspired muffin recipes are sure to help you make that transition a little more yummy.
1. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins: Let’s start with one of fall’s most iconic combinations. Everyone needs a good recipe for a pumpkin and cream cheese treat in their repertoire, and we think this is the one for you. (via The Novice Chef)
3. Chocolate Zucchini Muffins With Pecan Crumble: If you need to use up the last of that zucchini, we advocate for this recipe. There’s decadent chocolate, three whole cups of squash, olive oil, yogurt, and teff flour hiding underneath that crumbly topping. (via Displaced Housewife)
4. Chai-Spiced Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins With Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Glaze: These muffins may sound like a real mouthful (no pun intended), but whole wheat flour and rolled oats keep them on the substantial side. They’re basically like the best bowl of oatmeal you’ve ever had. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
5. Chocolate Chunk Banana Walnut Muffins: This may look like a (really delicious) standard banana muffin recipe, but it’s hiding a secret ingredient. Crème fraîche keeps these extra moist and tender. We’ll be eating them for breakfast, our afternoon snack, aaaand dessert. (via Fix Feast Flair)
6. Pineapple Coconut Muffins: When you’re missing the bright flavors of summer produce, these can be your go-to. They get their lift from canned coconut and dried pineapple, so you can enjoy them year-round. (via Home to Heather)
9. Pear and Hazelnut Muffins: We think pears are seriously underrated in the sexy fall produce world, but this recipe puts them front and center. Hazelnuts and chocolate chunks also make guest appearances. (via Smitten Kitchen)
10. Cranberry Orange Corn Muffins: We love these muffins for breakfast or an afternoon snack, but they would also be a fun twist on cornbread at the dinner or holiday table. Try serving with your favorite butternut squash soup or a hearty kale salad. (via Diethood)
11. One Bowl Spiced Gingerbread Muffins: If you’ve always wanted to try your hand at gingerbread cookies but just couldn’t work up the motivation, these are for you. One bowl makes them super easy to tackle, but with all the cozy gingerbread vibes. (via Fork Knife Swoon)
12. Healthy Banana Muffins: This spin on banana bread yields a muffin so fluffy and tender, you’d never guess it’s a healthy version. Add-ins are optional, but we suggest some toasted nuts. (via Cookie + Kate)
13. Sweet Potato Muffins With Vanilla Icing: This hearty recipe makes a portable snack for kids lunches or a morning hike. You can also add this to your list of vegan-friendly dishes. (via Heartbeet Kitchen)
14. Naturally Sweetened Apple Almond Muffins: These muffins get their sweetness from dates and applesauce, and they’re exactly what you want with your cup of coffee on a chilly morning. (via Foolproof Living)
Need some more autumn inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!