22 Sculptural Earrings That Instantly Upgrade Your Look
When it comes to piling on the accessories and bling, you’re either all in or you’re out. Juggling a hectic nine-to-five sched with an active social life on Bumble and an iCal jam-packed with weekend weddings is no easy feat. Let’s put it this way: If you find time to steam your LBD before leaving the house, then it’s considered a good day. While the tail end of 2016 introduced a slew of trend-right earring styles (everything from constellation piercings and modern hoop earrings to chic shoulder dusters), none of them have proved to be nearly as game-changing as the latest crop of sculptural statement earrings to hit the scene. These babies add an instant upgrade to whatever ensemble you choose. Let’s all make a mental note to incorporate these architecturally inspired babies into our 2017 style repertoire, shall we? Scroll down for 22 artful danglers that’ll make you want to adopt a “less is more” mentality.
1. Nasty Gal Curve Appeal Hoop Earrings ($18): Look at you killin’ it with your retro silver curved hoops that read nasty-woman-in-training. For a borderline fierce look, style them alongside a red haute mock-neck sweater or a Capitol Hill-bound pantsuit for an unofficial uniform that slays by night and day.
2. Galisfly Locked and Loaded Earrings in Gold ($68): Did someone say neck-plunging gown and disco-ready platforms? Girl, you’re already a step ahead of the program. Round out your going-out uniform with a pair of these 18K gold lock-inspired earrings that read HBIC. Equal parts functional and alternative, these babies will dress up a slinky black slip dress before you can even say “slay like Beyoncé.”
3. Faris Mobile Earrings ($245): Avid museum goers will flock to these Alexander Calder-inspired mobile earrings that are every bit as artful as they are contemporary. The dangling irregular pearls make them game for fancy fundraiser dinners and art gallery openings alike.
4. Cheap Monday Gold Zipper Earring ($10): You had us at zipper earrings, TBH. Our inner sk8ter girl is freaking the heck out over these edgy Cheap Monday stunners that call for a denim frayed hem dress and Doc Martens for the ultimate ‘90s babe-approved look.
5. Rachel Comey Labronz Earrings in Tortoise ($127): Who doesn’t need a little tortoiseshell in their life? Classy and fabulous, Audrey Hepburn style, looks a little bit like these two-tiered drop earrings. Round out your timeless look with a black shift dress and pointed-toe pumps, or keep things on the DL with a noir lace blouse and metallic trousers. It’s a win-win.
6. Jennifer Zeuner Jewelry Casey Earrings ($286): Sleek, sophisticated and style MVP-approved, these sculptural earrings will put your Swarovski chandelier stunners to shame — just add a goddess-inspired gown and a bold red lip. As award season winds down, we’d be *shocked* if we didn’t see a Hollywood starlet or two (J.Law! Solange!) debuting these Jennifer Zeuner pieces on the red carpet.
7. Modern Weaving Thin Exclamation Earrings ($120): Um, pass up the opportunity to flaunt exclamation points on our ears? You obviously don’t know us very well. Up the quirk factor with a fuzzy topper, a pop art-inspired bag and platform sneakers for an on-fleek look.
8. & Other Stories Twisted Pendant Earrings ($25): Make your #OOTN (outfit of the night) date-night official with these DDG twisted gold pendant earrings that are guaranteed to be a hit with the boo. Team them alongside a silk pajama shirt, ankle strap steppers and an elegant updo for maximum impact.
10. Modern Weaving Large Donut Dangler Single Earring in Gold Vermeil ($155): Test-drive the single earring trend that’s gearing up to be the lewk of the season with this donut-shaped gold vermeil dangler that calls for a punny graphic tee, ugly-pretty glove shoes and vintage mom jeans. You’ll reach for these babies when on-duty (and off).
11. Aoko Su Dagger Earrings Gold Fill ($82): You’ll never feel weighed down by these light as a feather hoops. In fact, you won’t even realize you’re wearing them — they’re that unassuming. The best part is they can be teamed with virtually anything (think: a slouchy off-the-shoulder sweater by day and a pussy-bow blouse by night).
12. Rebecca Minkoff Pyramid Fan Stud Earring ($38): Nothing to wear? Girl, we got you. Day or night, work or play, you can count on having these Art Deco-inspired pyramid studs within reach for any and all style dilemmas coming your way. Round out your look with a leather moto jacket and old-school Chuck Taylors for weekend errands, or hit the bar with a bodycon dress and a rad bomber for no shortage of cool-girl flair.
13. Topshop Spiral Cube Drop Earrings ($18): Where, oh where, were these black and gold spiral cube drop earrings on NYE?! Not a clue, but thankfully, there’s still no shortage of black tie affairs, at-home Grammy viewing parties and even Valentine’s Day commitments to keep your hands full this season. Let it be known: These danglers can even pass for the daytime with a fringed knit poncho and leather pants for an Instababe-approved look.
17. Pamela Love Large Satellite Ear Jacket ($300): Upcoming spring brides-to-be (and contemporary bridesmaids), we think we’ve found your match. Imagine an ethereal ivory lace gown, a floral headband and these brass satellite ear jackets — give or take a wedding venue in the English countryside. We digress.
18. Elaine B Jewelry 3D Flat Cube Stud Earrings ($68): Repeat after us: Versatile does not mean snoozy. Not only are these three-dimensional cube-shaped studs perfect for day-to-day wear, but they require minimal effort. Self-proclaimed lazy girls, we’re looking at you.
19. Free People Straight Through Hoops ($24): The resurgence of ’90s-esque hoops continues with these dainty bar detail earrings that aren’t OTT in the least. They’re conservative enough to be worn to the office alongside a #girlboss-approved pantsuit and fly enough to pass with a mock-neck dress come date night. Consider ‘em your new piece de resistance that you won’t want to put down.
20. Annie Costello Brown Popova Earrings ($219): Minimalism is NOT dead, people! Here’s proof. These oversized gold-plated brass geometric earrings will lend themselves well to many an after-hours-approved getup (lace-up bodysuit, we’re coming for ya!). Not to mention their boardroom appeal — how could HR say no to these beauties being teamed alongside a crisp white button-down, black culottes and ugly-pretty glove shoes?
21. Mango Hoop Earrings ($16): Looking to add instant pizzazz to a snoozy boardroom uniform (cough, cough, blasé black trousers)? We thought you’d never ask. Ditch the all-business-no-play mentality by subbing in a pair of these cutting-edge metallic hoop earrings that would have every boss lady’s approval.
22. Free People Solar System 3D Hoops ($28): Circle back around to the season’s celestial trend a la these scene-stealing hoops with major red carpet potential. Not only do they emulate the solar system, but the glistening glass stones will have you see seeing stars once exposed to the moonlight.