Debunk *Your* Good Girl Myth and Be Better in Business
Selfmade fall session has kicked off and we're already SO inspired by our first coach Majo Molfino, author of Break the Good Girl Myth. Thanks to a sponsorship from Office Depot, we're sharing a few gems of wisdom from this week's session on mindset. Spoiler alert: It's time to squash any semblance of self-doubt!
Be ok with messy. Always striving for perfection can get in the way of our success. Molfino notes that the good girl archetype is at odds with the qualities of the creative entrepreneur, such as being perfectionist vs experimental or being a rule follower instead of questioning the rules.
Brit Morin chimed in to show us the beginnings of Brit + Co, which were far from perfect, showing that nimbleness is a key trait in entrepreneurs. Part of entrepreneurship is accepting the ugly and that learning is part of the process to help you grow in your entrepreneurial journey.
Listen to your gut. "The biggest killer of entrepreneurial mindset is not what you would expect," says Molfino. "It's not failure, the economy, or bad ideas. It's doubt -- in ourselves, our surroundings, our abilities." If you're often looking for external approval or comparing yourself to others (setting an impossible standard!), flip the switch and start to listen to your gut and trust your instincts. You know better than anyone how you want *your* business to work.
Set boundaries. The myth of sacrifice, Molfino says, means having "this tendency to put other people's needs above your own at the expense of your self care and well-being." Sound familiar? Instead, think of working on your business as an act of self love. As Brit says, "if it's not a hell yes, it's a no" to any commitment you make that is not going to take you to the next level.
When you're just starting out, we know there are a lot of 'hats' you need to wear, but did you know Office Depot® OfficeMax® offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you succeed? From print & copy services to help build your brand, 24/7 remote tech support, to products to help you work from anywhere. Office Depot OfficeMax is all about helping you accomplish more so you can focus on more important things, like starting & growing the business of your dreams.
- Learn How to Become Your Own Kickstarter Queen in Our New ... ›
- How These Entrepreneurs Made Millions on Social Media - Brit + Co ›
- Why Millennials Are Increasingly Choosing Self-Employment - Brit + ... ›
- 5 Tips for Starting a Business With Your BFF(s) - Brit + Co ›
- 8 Surprising Ways to Ensure Your Social Media Reflects the Real You ›
- Brit’s Tips on Setting a Mindset for Success - Brit + Co ›
- Here Are Pro Tips for Writing a Business Model - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Pro Tips For Attracting New Customers On A Shoestring Budget - Brit + Co ›
- Rachel Hollis Talks Motivation and Personal Growth with Brit + Anj ›
- 12 Books on Mindset to Motivate You to Do Your Best - Brit + Co ›
Theresa Gonzalez is a content creator based in San Francisco and the author of Sunday Sews. She's a lover of all things design and spends most of her days momming her little one Matilda.