10 Double Duty Makeup Products With Hidden Skincare Benefits
When it comes to our base makeup, we tend to get just a bit picky when choosing the right foundation. Our ideal product would have the lightweight feel of a tinted moisturizer and the full, natural coverage of a cream foundation. Oh, and we’d throw some skincare benefits in there, just for good measure. While this elusive product might sound way too good be true, there’s a foundation on the market that ticks off all these boxes. If you haven’t tried a serum foundation yet, you’re seriously missing out. With a weightless texture, full-yet-natural coverage and a plethora of healing ingredients, this type of base is the key to a no-makeup makeup look. So scroll on for 10 of our faves to try, so you can hop on the serum foundation with us.
1. Cover FX Custom Cover Drops ($44): Tinted moisturizer? Full-coverage foundation? No problem! This multi-tasking product can be used in a variety of ways, so you can change up your foundation on the daily depending on your coverage needs. Wear a few drops alone for higher pigmentation, or add a few drops to your fave cream for a sheer, tinted moisturizer.
2. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation ($62): Infused with a ton of skincare ingredients, SPF coverage and plenty of pigment, this serum foundation truly has it all. Not only will the coverage last all day, but the skin-friendly formula will actually help heal your skin.
3. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum ($60): As cliche as it might sound, this foundation serum truly embodies the term “your skin but better.” With an eyedropper for easy application, this product covers redness and disguises wrinkles like a pro.
5. Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation ($45): If the beautiful packaging alone didn’t make you want to run out and buy this new foundation, the glowing results certainly will. Just a few drops of this pigmented foundation will blend seamlessly into your skin for natural-looking coverage.
7. PÜR Cosmetics HydraFluid Water Serum Foundation ($39): Infused with a dose of good ol’ H2O, this formula blends easily into your skin, providing medium coverage and major hydration. The result is truly luminous, radiant skin that’ll make you want to take a selfie (or 10).
8. Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation ($42): For those that always seem to have trouble finding that perfect shade, this foundation will be your new go-to. The goes on white and magically adjusts to match your personal skin tone. Custom-made makeup, at your service.
9. Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup ($64): At first glance, you’ll wonder how this lightweight, super liquid-y formula can cover anything at all. But, as the name suggests, this high-tech, adaptive makeup perfects without weighing you down.
10. Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Flawless Serum Foundation ($42): Don’t be fooled by the lightweight texture of this serum foundation — it packs a seriously full-coverage punch. Work with a drop or two for sheer coverage, or build it up for days when you need a little more.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)