10 Double Duty Makeup Products With Hidden Skincare Benefits
When it comes to our base makeup, we tend to get just a bit picky when choosing the right foundation. Our ideal product would have the lightweight feel of a tinted moisturizer and the full, natural coverage of a cream foundation. Oh, and we’d throw some skincare benefits in there, just for good measure. While this elusive product might sound way too good be true, there’s a foundation on the market that ticks off all these boxes. If you haven’t tried a serum foundation yet, you’re seriously missing out. With a weightless texture, full-yet-natural coverage and a plethora of healing ingredients, this type of base is the key to a no-makeup makeup look. So scroll on for 10 of our faves to try, so you can hop on the serum foundation with us.
1. Cover FX Custom Cover Drops ($44): Tinted moisturizer? Full-coverage foundation? No problem! This multi-tasking product can be used in a variety of ways, so you can change up your foundation on the daily depending on your coverage needs. Wear a few drops alone for higher pigmentation, or add a few drops to your fave cream for a sheer, tinted moisturizer.
2. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Foundation ($62): Infused with a ton of skincare ingredients, SPF coverage and plenty of pigment, this serum foundation truly has it all. Not only will the coverage last all day, but the skin-friendly formula will actually help heal your skin.
3. Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum ($60): As cliche as it might sound, this foundation serum truly embodies the term “your skin but better.” With an eyedropper for easy application, this product covers redness and disguises wrinkles like a pro.
5. Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation ($45): If the beautiful packaging alone didn’t make you want to run out and buy this new foundation, the glowing results certainly will. Just a few drops of this pigmented foundation will blend seamlessly into your skin for natural-looking coverage.
7. PÜR Cosmetics HydraFluid Water Serum Foundation ($39): Infused with a dose of good ol’ H2O, this formula blends easily into your skin, providing medium coverage and major hydration. The result is truly luminous, radiant skin that’ll make you want to take a selfie (or 10).
8. Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation ($42): For those that always seem to have trouble finding that perfect shade, this foundation will be your new go-to. The goes on white and magically adjusts to match your personal skin tone. Custom-made makeup, at your service.
9. Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup ($64): At first glance, you’ll wonder how this lightweight, super liquid-y formula can cover anything at all. But, as the name suggests, this high-tech, adaptive makeup perfects without weighing you down.
10. Juice Beauty Phyto-Pigments Flawless Serum Foundation ($42): Don’t be fooled by the lightweight texture of this serum foundation — it packs a seriously full-coverage punch. Work with a drop or two for sheer coverage, or build it up for days when you need a little more.