How to Throw the Ultimate Shondaland TGIT Viewing Party
Clear your calendars Shonda Rhimes fans! Thursday nights are back with *most* of our fave shows intact. Sure, everyone is mourning the Scandal hiatus (Kerry Washington is preggers!). But you can still get your Shonda fix, starting with Grey’s Anatomy at 8, followed by Notorious (non-Rhimes but has potential) subbing for Scandal at 9, with How to Get Away With Murder for the cleanup at 10. Watching a Shonda lineup is always a celebration — even solo in your PJs. But don’t let this season’s craziness unfold alone! Invite some friends, have a few drinks and talk back to the screen. Here are 17 ways to celebrate the return of TGIT with your BFFs.
1. Fasy Shop TGIT Planner Stickers ($4): Share planner stickers with your whole crew and save *all* the dates. Then make this viewing party a regular thing.
2. DIY Big Face Poster: Everyone loves the giant faces you see jumping around in the stands at sporting events. Well, this is the event of the season for us couch potatoes, so whoop it up big time! (via Los Rodriguez Life)
4. White Wolfe Design Grey’s Anatomy Shirt ($18): Nothing whips up fan spirit like rooting for our favorite players. If you can’t choose one from your show, just wear them all.
5. Cleopatra Candy McDreamy Earrings ($6): RIP McDreamy. Shonda told us why you had to die *sniff,* but the Meredith and Derek magic lives on… in our hearts and on our ears.
6. Cleopatra Candy Meredith and Cristina Keychains ($10): Cristina and Meredith are more than BFFs — they’re each other’s person. Gift one to your bestie as a sweet friendship key ring that will always remind them of you.
7. Crate and Barrel Long-Stemmed Red Wine Glass ($13): We may not see Olivia Pope until mid-season, but you can still have red wine in a big Olivia-style glass if you want to. Keep *Pope* alive!
9. Tequila Cobbler: Shunning wine until Scandal‘s back? Okay, we gotcha. How about a Meredith-approved tequila cocktail to start the night? This one looks super festive in the glass, plus it’s quick and easy to make. That’s important, because you won’t want *anything* distracting you from the screen. (via The Katie Kime Blog)
10. Taco Dog: Remember the hot dog eating contest on GA? Well, no watered down cafeteria dogs tonight. This toppings bar gives guests the option to garnish their hot dogs with ground beef, lettuce, sour cream, cheese or onion — or all of the above. (via Culinary Hill)
11. Fun Chic Designs Grey’s Anatomy TV Show Quotes ($7): How well do you think you know Grey’s Anatomy? Here are some of the funniest, wittiest quotes from the show. Guess who said them. The person who guesses right most often gets to keep the stickers for their planner.
12. TGIT: How to Get Away With Murder Trivia Quiz: When Notorious goes off the air to commercial break, it’s time for a quick HTGAWM refresher. This quiz is a good way to bring the whole group up to speed quickly, and then everyone will quiet down when the camera rolls. (via Movie Pilot)
13. Red Bubble Lady Justice Sticker ($4): Everyone who passes the trivia quiz gets a *trophy* sticker. Yes, it’s like being in school again, but with Annalise as your teacher.
14. Steel Street Lady Justice Trophy ($66): Only the winner gets the trophy, natch. But don’t get pushy now. “Never take a learning opportunity away from another student, no matter how smart you need everyone to think you are.”
15. Skiddaw TShirts Seattle Grace Hospital Scrubs T-Shirt ($17): Is there anything sexier than blue scrubs? Definitely not. Your friends will be *borrowing* this comfy cotton version all the time.
16. KCafe Press Keep Calm and Trust Michaela T-Shirt ($15): There’s always one person in the bunch who is “only here for the food,” and that would be the one who loses the trivia contest. Here’s their prize. And if they *do* keep calm and trust Michaela, they’re even more clueless than their trivia score shows. Because after the Aiden/wedding drama of last season, girlfriend is losing it!
17. How to Get Away With Murder Drinking Game: The HTGAWM drinking game is very straightforward. Everyone drinks when a character says “murder.” Or when Annalise writes on a chalkboard. Or when someone says “bitch baby.” And so on — you know the drill. (via Bustle)
Can’t get enough of the Shondaland drama? Follow us on Pinterest for more.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)