14 Solid Perfumes to Buy or DIY
Earlier this year, we took a pledge to re-think our beauty routines, including the way we wear (and make) perfume. Right now, we’re all about solid scents, especially because we can toss ’em in our bags without worrying about spillage. Here are a few of our faves to buy or DIY.
1. Carol Brodie: Accessorize Your Life Evil Eye Compact ($40): We’ve got our eye on this super-bedazzled Carol Brodie solid perfume compact. So much so we’re tempted to break out our BeDazzlers and DIY a clutch to match.
2. Starry Compact ($58): We’re seeing stars. Isn’t this brass compact beautiful? It reminds us of the ones our grandmothers used. It holds 0.25 oz of solid perfume in dazzling natural fragrances like Amber + Blues, Lavender Noir and Saffron Veil.
3. Solid Perfume Variety Pack ($20): We couldn’t resist these pretty little solid perfumes from Handmade Habitat. Get a trio of scents for just $20.
4. TONYMOLY Hello Bunny Perfume Bar ($12): More like HOLYMOLY, amiright? We’re nominating this for the most adorable perfume packaging ever. It comes in five different colors/facial expressions/scents.
5. Pink Dahlia All Natural ($12): We’re not sure how Live Beautifully did it, but they’ve captured spring in a tin with their Pink Dahlia solid perfume. With notes of honeysuckle, narcissus, lemongrass and peach, we’re reminded of late spring garden picnics. Plus, it’ll keep your skin nice and soft with all-natural ingredients like beeswax, shea butter, grape-seed and coconut oil and more.
6. Cherry Blossom Charm ($35): Calling all cherry blossom lovers. This charm’s for you. This dainty little polished gold compact is great for keeping cherry blossoms in full bloom wherever you go.
7. Gracing the Dawn Natural Mini Compact ($38): We’re crazy about this antique-inspired compact and even more enthralled by this fragrance’s description: “This is a very pretty, ethereal fragrance. Note, this perfume is not a long lasting, rather it is sheer and luminescent like the flutter of fairy wings.” How magical!
8. Fox Trot ($8): A classic blend of jasmine, lilac, orange, violet and vanilla, this scent will make you want to get up and dance!
9. Vanillary Solid Perfume ($10): If you love vanilla like we love vanilla, you need this solid perfume by LUSH. It’s warm and sweet (but not too sweet) and has a hint of jasmine. We’re not responsible if you try to eat yourself while wearing it.
10. Casablanca Solid Perfume ($18): Of all the perfumes, in all the towns, in all the world, this one smells the most divine.
11. Pivoine Flora ($12): This L’Occitane exclusive scent is a bouquet of peonies, with green and woodsy top notes. Unlike many spray perfumes, this is formulated without alcohol, so it’s perfect for sensitive skin.
13. Loveswept Solid Perfume + Lotion Bar: Add a little extra beeswax to your solid perfume, and you’ll wind up with a scented lotion bar instead. Just rub it on your neck, collarbone and wrists for a little extra scent and softness. (via Henry Happened)
14. 9 Scent-sational DIY Perfumes and Body Sprays: Check out nine more of our favorite perfume tutorials — solid and liquid — here. We’re especially big fans of these DIY perfume lockets. (via Brit + Co.)
What are your go-to scents? Do they vary by season? Do you make your own? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!