It’s time to put a hold on your usual burgers and dogs to bring your summer cookouts to a whole new level, y’all. And there’s no better way to kick things up than with the spicy, crispy, and creamy dishes of the sizzlin’ South. Yes, we mean the gooey-est of macs, fried green tomatoes, and tender slow-cooked meats that’ll make your heart sing. Gather your troops and get cookin’ — these 14 sinful Southern dishes will stick to your ribs and you won’t even care.
1. Spicy Shrimp and Grits Casserole With Gouda Cheese: You cannot host a Southern dinner without shrimp and creamy grits. This recipe allows you to make a heaping portion of it so you can feed an army. (via From a Chef’s Kitchen)
5. World’s Best Carolina Pulled Pork: This melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork is what Carolina dreams are made of, and you don’t even need a smoker to achieve it; low and slow in the oven does it. (via Oh Sweet Basil)
6. Classic Deviled Eggs: Whipped with mayo, tangy mustard, and cider vinegar, velvety yokes are piped back into hardened egg whites for an irresistible classic that just might have you eating your weight in eggs. (via Sue Bee Homemaker)
10. Quick and Easy Homemade Cornbread: A Southern meal isn’t complete without a pillowy hunk of cornbread on the side of your plate, and this easy breezy recipe takes less than an hour to make. (via Peas and Crayons)
11. Hot Sauce Potato Salad: This fiery and flavorful potato salad brings together the creaminess of a classic and the heat that Southerners love with the addition of your fave hot sauce. (via Buy This Cook That)
13. Slow-Smoked Brisket: With a slow-smoke on the grill, this Texas-style brisket keeps things simple with a rub of salt, freshly cracked black pepper, and some tangy BBQ sauce. (via Away from the Box)
14. Fried Okra With Louisana Remoulade: The South loves to batter things in cornmeal and deep fry, and when you pop one of these tender and crispy okra bites into your mouth, you’ll see why. (via The Hungry Bluebird)
For more summer cookout inspo, follow us on Pinterest.