14 Pulled Pork Recipes Perfect for Any Summer BBQ
Listen up, burgers and hot dogs. As much as we love you, we’re ready to change things up at our next summer party. Succulent, savory and incredibly satisfying, pulled pork is a crowd-pleasing alternative that’s equally delicious and a bit less conventional. Best of all, it makes for a tantalizing and creative addition to nachos, quesadillas, pizza and even pancakes. Check out these 14 recipes for our favorite one-of-a-kind twists, plus a couple original takes on the traditional slider.
1. Pulled Pork Pancakes: Shake up Sunday brunch by adding shredded pork to your pancake stacks. Featuring both BBQ sauce and homemade whiskey maple syrup, this wacky pairing delivers the ultimate sweet and savory treat. (via Culinary Hill)
2. Mac and Cheese Pulled Pork Sandwich: As much a backyard BBQ staple as it is a go-to winter comfort food, mac and cheese brings gooey goodness to the classic pulled pork sandwich. (via Vodka + Biscuits)
3. Tijuana Street Fries: While chili-cheese fries usually steal the spotlight, this mouthwatering mashup of chipotle carnitas, salsa and queso is 10 times better. Try it today for a summer snack that’s unlike any other. (via Half Baked Harvest)
4. Texas BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas: Tex-Mex has never looked (or tasted) so good. Serve these slaw-topped quesadillas as an appetizer during the summer, then save the recipe for Super Bowl Sunday or Cinco de Mayo. (via Snixy Kitchen)
5. Pulled Pork Bread: Ready to give the cornbread recipes a rest? Stuffed Japanese milk bread is an unexpected starter that will have everyone daydreaming about steamed pork buns and dim sum. (via Supergolden Bakes)
6. Vietnamese Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps: Hot days call for light and refreshing appetizers. Featuring a flavorful blend of hoisin, fish sauce and Sriracha, this Vietnamese take on pulled pork is just right for picnics in the park. (via Lick My Spoon)
7. Hawaiian Pulled Pork BBQ Enchilada Stacks: Can’t decide whether to go Hawaiian or Tex-Mex? Complete with stacked tortillas and pineapple rice, this innovative enchilada hack dishes up the best of both worlds. (via Running to the Kitchen)
9. Pulled Pork Nachos: Piled high with pork, cheese, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and jalapeño, these cookie-sheet nachos will have you salivating from first sight to very last bite. (via A Happy Food Dance)
10. Jalapeño + Pineapple Slaw Pulled Pork Sandwich: There’s nothing like a tasty meal and gigantic glass of wine to help kick off the weekend. We love serving up pineapple-infused pork sliders and our favorite pinot noir. (via Kendall-Jackson)
13. Pulled Pork Sweet Potato Hash: Just in case the pancakes above weren’t enough, pulled pork and sweet potato hash with eggs will help get your day — and brunch gathering — off to a happy, hearty start. (via 2Teaspoons)
What’s your favorite pulled pork recipe? Dish up some delicious ideas below.