19 Green Tomato Recipes That Aren’t (All) Fried
Whether you planted tomatoes in your garden this summer or are a tote-toting regular at your local farmers market, you may be wondering what to do with all of the unripe, green fruit you’re bound to see at the end of summer. Sure, there’s fried green tomatoes, but there are a myriad of creative uses out there. Here we’ve gathered 19 delicious recipes to ensure that you’ll get the most out of the green tomato harvest!
1. Fried Green Tomato Benedict With Pimiento Cheese Hollandaise: Need we say more? This updated eggs Benny features layer upon layer of Southern-inspired flavors, a combination that’s sure to charm your taste buds to no end. (via F for Food)
3. Blackened Shrimp and Fried Green Tomato Po’boy Salad: The flavors of your favorite Louisiana po’boy sandwich shine in this gorgeous salad drizzled with homemade remoulade dressing. (via Closet Cooking)
4. Green Tomato Pie (Gluten-free): To make this savory pie, green tomatoes are nestled in a gluten-free almond-meal crust topped with tangy goat cheese, making for a terrific late-summer dinner idea. (via Sprout and Pea)
5. Green Tomato Southwestern Panzanella Salad With Cilantro Lime Dressing: An Italian classic gets a Southwestern (and gluten-free) makeover with this colorful recipe. (via She Likes Food)
6. Italian Green Tomato Pasta Sauce: Red, white and green? Yep, this green tomato pasta sauce may result in some double takes, but one bite along with a twirl of pasta is sure to satisfy any apprehensions. (via Courier-Journal)
7. Grilled Chicken Taco With Green Tomato Salsa: If you have the same mindset that we have, there’s no such thing as too many taco recipes! This one features a smokey green tomato pico, lime-spritzed grilled chicken and crunchy cabbage. (via Ichigo Shortcake)
9. Fermented Green Tomatoes: Preserve a summer’s bounty of produce with no more than salt and time, and you’ll have a stash of brightly flavored pickles to enjoy all winter long. (via Nourished Kitchen)
10. Grilled Green Tomato Tostadas With Black Beans, Avocado + Cilantro: Tangy black bean salad, creamy avocado and smokey grilled tomatoes combine to top these satisfying, summery tostadas. (via Food52)
11. Braised Short Ribs With Pickled Green Tomatoes: But wait, there’s more! All of that good stuff is served with a creamy blue cheese polenta and garlicky braised chard to create a hearty, mouthwatering meal. (via Joanne Eats Well With Others)
15. Savory Green Tomato Cobbler: Who could resist digging into this homemade cheddar biscuit-topped savory cobbler? Skew things toward breakfast or dinner with the addition of a fried egg or garden salad. (via Drum Beets)
17. Smoky Lentil Tacos With Kabocha Squash and Green Tomato Salsa (Vegetarian): We’re loving this protein-packed, autumn-appropriate taco recipe that promises to be totally satisfying sans meat! (via Princess Tofu)
Have you ever eaten green tomatoes? Do you have a go-to way that you enjoy preparing them? Let’s talk in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)