Cool or Crazy: Would You Rock These 20 Spice Girls-Level Platform Shoes?
Editor’s Note: This post was originally part of our 2014 April Fools’ Prank. And because we think the ’90s are all that (and a bag of chips), we decided to update it for all you present-day readers. Keep on scrolling to keep the angsty/sparkly dream alive ;)
1. UNIF Mary Jane Platform ($190): A seven-and-a-quarter inch platform? Now that’s what we call Scary (Spice).
2. Jeffrey Campbell Foxy Platform ($122): Do you even have to ask if we’re in love with these heart-speckled t-straps? The answer is, DUH!
3. Shelly’s London Mint Blue Lace Up Ankle Boots ($113): We just can’t pass up a pastel sneaker platform. Plus, this minty blue color is all that.
4. YRU Chariot White Rainbow Platform Sandals ($98): We’re, like, basically wiggin’ out over these holographic rainbow sandals. Can a platform get any more perfect?
6. ASOS HEIGHTEN Heeled Sandals ($95): Posh Spice eat your heart out! These buckled pumps are primo for date night.
7. Yes Werque Bubble-Tread Platform Sandal ($120): The cushioned bubble soles on these two-toned sneakers make this pair perfect for stompin’ around the mall.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Slippery Pool Slide Sandal ($170): Our fave slip-on sandals get a sky high makeover we’re totally buggin’ over.
9. ASOS JUMANJI Lace Up Shoes ($76): Take a lesson from TLC and rock these hot pink lace ups with a pair of baggie overall shorts. It’s a style choice you won’t regret.
10. ASOS AIRPLANE Chelsea Ankle Boots ($104): Pair these ‘60s-style Chelsea platforms with flower power-patched shorts for a modern take on the throwback look.
11. BC Footwear X Della I Got It Wedge Sandal ($70): Look like the total Betty you are in these plush patterned platforms. Fishnets are a MUST.
12. Miista Rachel Buckle Sandal ($170): Yeah, the pearly blue upper is phat. The mint sole is dope. But the clear buckles clench it.
13. ASOS HYPERACTIVE Heeled Sandals ($141): These shimmery nude platforms get a glam makeover with studs and rhinestones. So major.
14. ASOS SMARTIE Mid Heels ($57): Channel your inner Baby Spice with these darling platforms. Bonus points for completing the look with a pastel sun dress and pigtails.
15. ASOS AIRPLANE Chelsea Ankle Boots ($104): Cheetah print platforms? Scary Spice would give you the high kick of approval ;)
17. Shelly’s London Mish Woven Star Sandals ($160): The seether is neither black nor white, but these peep-toes sure are. Their woven detail is da bomb.
18. Jeffrey Campbell Dolla Platform Sneaker ($75): Yes, these high tops are so money.
19. Jeffrey Campbell Baretta Platform Sandal ($140): These are THE sandals to wear to your dream vaycay on MTV’s Spring Break. They’re sure to grab Jesse Camp’s eye — wave big if you end up on TRL!
20. JC Play by Jeffrey Campbell PYT Platform ($88): These gilttery sneaks would sparkle just as bright on the feet of any Ginger dudette.
BONUSUNIF Nobody Platforms ($175): Shut up! These tie-dyed platforms add a whopping TEN inches to your height. They might go down in history as the coolest shoe around (watch out jelly sandals!).
Which pair of platforms are your must-haves? Tell us in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!