Cool or Crazy: Would You Rock These 20 Spice Girls-Level Platform Shoes?
Editor’s Note: This post was originally part of our 2014 April Fools’ Prank. And because we think the ’90s are all that (and a bag of chips), we decided to update it for all you present-day readers. Keep on scrolling to keep the angsty/sparkly dream alive ;)
1. UNIF Mary Jane Platform ($190): A seven-and-a-quarter inch platform? Now that’s what we call Scary (Spice).
2. Jeffrey Campbell Foxy Platform ($122): Do you even have to ask if we’re in love with these heart-speckled t-straps? The answer is, DUH!
3. Shelly’s London Mint Blue Lace Up Ankle Boots ($113): We just can’t pass up a pastel sneaker platform. Plus, this minty blue color is all that.
4. YRU Chariot White Rainbow Platform Sandals ($98): We’re, like, basically wiggin’ out over these holographic rainbow sandals. Can a platform get any more perfect?
6. ASOS HEIGHTEN Heeled Sandals ($95): Posh Spice eat your heart out! These buckled pumps are primo for date night.
7. Yes Werque Bubble-Tread Platform Sandal ($120): The cushioned bubble soles on these two-toned sneakers make this pair perfect for stompin’ around the mall.
8. Jeffrey Campbell Slippery Pool Slide Sandal ($170): Our fave slip-on sandals get a sky high makeover we’re totally buggin’ over.
9. ASOS JUMANJI Lace Up Shoes ($76): Take a lesson from TLC and rock these hot pink lace ups with a pair of baggie overall shorts. It’s a style choice you won’t regret.
10. ASOS AIRPLANE Chelsea Ankle Boots ($104): Pair these ‘60s-style Chelsea platforms with flower power-patched shorts for a modern take on the throwback look.
11. BC Footwear X Della I Got It Wedge Sandal ($70): Look like the total Betty you are in these plush patterned platforms. Fishnets are a MUST.
12. Miista Rachel Buckle Sandal ($170): Yeah, the pearly blue upper is phat. The mint sole is dope. But the clear buckles clench it.
13. ASOS HYPERACTIVE Heeled Sandals ($141): These shimmery nude platforms get a glam makeover with studs and rhinestones. So major.
14. ASOS SMARTIE Mid Heels ($57): Channel your inner Baby Spice with these darling platforms. Bonus points for completing the look with a pastel sun dress and pigtails.
15. ASOS AIRPLANE Chelsea Ankle Boots ($104): Cheetah print platforms? Scary Spice would give you the high kick of approval ;)
17. Shelly’s London Mish Woven Star Sandals ($160): The seether is neither black nor white, but these peep-toes sure are. Their woven detail is da bomb.
18. Jeffrey Campbell Dolla Platform Sneaker ($75): Yes, these high tops are so money.
19. Jeffrey Campbell Baretta Platform Sandal ($140): These are THE sandals to wear to your dream vaycay on MTV’s Spring Break. They’re sure to grab Jesse Camp’s eye — wave big if you end up on TRL!
20. JC Play by Jeffrey Campbell PYT Platform ($88): These gilttery sneaks would sparkle just as bright on the feet of any Ginger dudette.
BONUSUNIF Nobody Platforms ($175): Shut up! These tie-dyed platforms add a whopping TEN inches to your height. They might go down in history as the coolest shoe around (watch out jelly sandals!).
Which pair of platforms are your must-haves? Tell us in the comments below.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.