Stock Tank Pools Are the Coolest (and Cheapest!) Way to Beat the Heat This Summer
If you’re without a pool, you might start feeling some FOMO this summer when you scroll through a feed chock-full of floaties and colorful pool parties. But did you know you can add a giant tub to your backyard without dropping a ton of cash? Stock tank pools are the newest, most wallet-friendly answer to your mermaid dreams. These nifty gems cost around $350, plus the price of a pump to keep the water crystal clear — and a little landscaping if you’re feeling extra fancy. Scroll on for a few of the coolest examples of the trend, and get ready for some serious summer fun!
View this post on Instagram
Loving my backyard oasis. You may be wondering what this is or why I reverted to using a cattle feeder for a pool and well it's because of the way our backyard is zoned... we aren't allowed to put in a pool. But guys, Florida is HOT pretty much 90% of the time and I'm not really a beach person. So for the last few months I've been on the lookout for a pool we could put up that would be durable, big enough for adults to use and of course doggie-friendly... enter the #stocktankpool It's everything I wanted and I think it looks pretty cute too. #myfloridabungalow
A post shared by Briony Skerjance (@brionyskerjance) on
1. Popped Umbrella: Give yourself a shady space to chill with a patio umbrella mounted over part of the tub. Keep as much dirt as possible out of the pool with a rock base and a cement path leading right up to the new addition.
2. Room With a View: There would be no bad days waking up to a view like this and walking straight out into that pool. While stock tanks can be pretty basic, you can take a note from this setup by covering the perimeter in wood or concrete. (via Murray Mitchell)
3. Water Features: Can you believe this was a DIY project? Come to our backyard next, please? (via A Stroll Thru Life)
4. IKEA to the Rescue: Tired of bugs eating you alive while you take a dip? Let IKEA’s canopy net help you out *and* add a touch of romance to your tiny pool. (via Let’s Add Sprinkles)
5. Jungalow Dream Come True: Turn your next soak into a rainforest retreat with plenty of plant life. We love the idea of setting up shelves right on the edge of the tank to hold potted plants, candles, and a glass of wine. YAS. (via Rikke Waal)
6. Poolside Bonfire Hangs: If you have a bit of land, reserve this weekend for turning your backyard into the ultimate summer hangout. With a killer stone fire pit AND a stock tank pool, you prob won’t go inside all season.
Looking for more ways to keep cool this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more pool party ideas and backyard inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.