5 Ways to Sip a Strawberry Mojito
What are your favorite summer sippers? When we asked around the office, we heard a lot of mojito, margarita, and mint julep. So, we decided to mix up our own Strawberry Mojito in 5 different ways! From a blended bevvie to a spiked fruit dip, here’s how to make a whole bunch of mojito goodness.
– cane sugar
– white rum
– 2 bunches mint
– club soda
– white frosting (for the fruit dip)
The materials for this are the classic mojito ingredients with the addition of fresh strawberries! For this reason, we won’t make a simple syrup but will just use a combo of sugar and strawberries throughout.
1. Strawberry Mojito Popsicles: What’s better than an ice cold cocktail on a hot summer day? That same cocktail in popsicle form!
To make 6 popsicles, combine 2 ounces of rum, a handful of strawberries, mint, lime juice, a splash of sugar, and as much club soda as you need to fill your popsicle molds. These aren’t super boozy, as that would stop the popsicles from freezing properly.
We love fresh fruit in just about any popsicle.
2. Strawberry Mojito Slushie: For this blended yumminess, you can feel good about the health factor as this slushy is packed with antioxidants.
We used about half a pound of chopped strawberries to make two drinks. Juice a whole lime and chop up a handful of mint. Add 4 ounces of rum. Fill with ice and club soda, and blend!
For another berry mojito twist, check out our Very Berry Mojito Slushies.
3. Strawberry Mojito Shooters: We’ve gotta get our shots going! It is a long weekend, after all.
Cut up 3 strawberries and put them in a glass. Add a handful of chopped mint, a splash of rum, and start muddling. Keep muddling and add 6 ounces of rum. Add ice and shake it! Use a strainer to pour into sugar-rimmed shot glasses.
This would also work nicely with vodka – it would be like a strawberry lime take on a lemon drop!
4. Strawberry Mojito Spiked Fruit Dip: Who says fruit dip has to be yogurt-based and non-alcoholic? Not us!
Spoon a can of frosting into a bowl. Add 1 ounce of rum and mix together. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and another ounce of rum. Keep mixing! Now, add in mint, the juice of half a lime, and mix. Place in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
Top with lime zest!
5. Strawberry Mojito Punch: And last, we obviously need to have a pitcher filled with Strawberry Mojito Punch!
In a bowl, mix together chopped strawberries, mint, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Place in the bottom of a pitcher and pour in 2 ounces of rum. Muddle a little bit and then add 6 more ounces of rum. Squeeze in 1 whole lime and throw in a few lime wedges. Fill with club soda and ice, and serve!
We recommend adding fresh strawberries and lime wedges in each glass.
And there you have it – 5 ways to sip (or dip) a strawberry mojito!
Will you try any of these this weekend? Let us know which remix is your favorite in the comments below.