21 Spring-Ready Bags for Every Occasion
Bags are one of those things, like shoes, that we can’t help but stock up on. Unlike the latest pant silhouette or top, bags have a tendency to never go out of style. And that right there is your excuse to invest in a new piece (or two!) for spring. While a classic black bag is good all year round, we like the idea of ushering in lighter, brighter colors and fun details like metallic polka dots and fringe for the new season. Whether you need a chic new carryall to tote around your 9 to 5 essentials or a sassy clutch for a night out, here are some of our favorite styles on the market right now.
1. Mad Rabbit Kicking Tiger Carter Backpack ($129): Whether you’re hitting the farmer’s market or heading out of town for a weekend adventure, this trusty pack has plenty of room for all your essentials and then some.
2. Monsoon Capri Wooden Clipframe Bag ($89): This rainbow-colored clutch is the perfect accessory for your spring getaway or any warm weather soiree.
3. ALDO Saddle Across Body Bag With Fringing in Coral Pink ($49): This spacious crossbody is just the right amount of boho chic, with cascades of free-flowing fringe and a bright pink hue to keep things feeling fresh and fun. Take it along for all your weekend plans.
4. Charles Keith Magnetic Closure Sling Bag ($73): Large enough to stow your workday essentials but small enough to carry around as a clutch, this bright blue number is crazy versatile.
5. Atterley Road The Rachel Backpack ($65): Need a bag for both work and play? You’ll get lots of mileage out of this sleek backpack.
6. Clare V. Flat Clutch in Buff Amalfi ($198): Let’s be honest — a quick coffee date doesn’t require a colossal bag. This stylish, ultra-light clutch can hold all your essentials, but won’t weigh you down.
7. COS Panelled Leather Tote ($175): Sturdy handles and a detachable leather strap make it easy (and comfortable) to carry around your laptop and files, while contrast panels and a pale pink color offer a cool alternative to your standard work tote.
8. Jack Wills Pocket Leather Shopper in Pale Gray Color Block ($177): Trade out your college canvas tote for a more grown-up model. This tote has the simple style you love, but boasts soft gray leather and bold color block detailing for a more sophisticated look.
9. J.Crew Parker Crossbody Bag ($75): If you think that neon belongs in the ’80s, we’ve got a bag that will change your mind. Quality leather, timeless design and a roomy interior make this crossbody number practical for whatever is on your agenda, and the vibrant color adds a fun, modern twist.
10. Furla Metropolis Clutch ($348): This ladylike pink clutch is perfect for dinner or date night. The delicate gold chain means you can go totally hands free, so you can easily take on whatever comes your way — like belting it out at late-night karaoke.
11. Kate Sheridan Hex Bag ($240): Architectural and modern, this funky geo-shaped bag is for the girl that wants a minimalist look with statement-making style. Wear it as a crossbody for running errands, then tuck in the straps for an evening-ready oversized clutch.
12. Kate Spade New York Lita Street Andrea Tote ($118): Got your head in the clouds? This stylish tote boasts a dreamy cloud print, but its functionality will keep you grounded.
13. Longchamp Le Pliage Large Travel Bag ($135): This Le Pliage travel bag is perfect for your spring getaway. Not only is the bright color on point, but what we really love is how handy it is for bringing home all those souvenirs.
14. Molly M Gold Leather Clutch ($110): We see your classic clutch and raise you this sleek lustrous gold wristlet. The super light bag won’t slow you down on the dance floor and has enough space for your cards, cash, keys and makeup for a quick touchup.
15. Matt & Nat Abiko Clutch Bag ($85): Clutches with handles were huge on the Spring 2015 runways. And while you may not be able to drop $1,000 for a wallet-sized bag, this pretty purple number gives you the on-trend style without the hefty price tag.
16. Molly M #9 Leather Pouch ($60): Icy blue metallic leather and a laser-etched geometric print make this clutch look just as cool out on the streets as it does under flashing strobes.
17. Pine + Boon Hand Painted Convertible Clutch ($60): Another double-duty style, this hand-painted leather bag by Pine + Boon is sure to find its way into your go-to accessories rotation.
18. Kenneth Cole New York Dover Street Saffiano Leather Bucket Bag ($178): Bucket bags are still in, but to transition to spring in style, swap out your darker hue for a bright shade of tiger lily orange.
19. Tory Burch Brigitte Cosmetics Case ($78): Keep your cosmetics organized while you travel with a spring-ready case in a vibrant watercolor floral print.
20. Vagabond Leather Circle Crossbody Bag ($162): Think outside the box this spring with a pastel circle bag inspired by the Spring 2015 runway.
21. Zara Leather Tassel Shopper Bag ($139): At 20″ wide, this tote has some major potential. Load it up for the office, pack it for a weekend away or use it as an ultra chic way to carry around your kicks for the gym. Oh, the possibilities…
What’s your go-to bag when the mercury starts to rise? Tell us in the comments!