Toss These 16 Summer Skewers on the Grill for Dinner
With summer halfway over, you might be tired of burgers and hot dogs. Whether you’re a steak fanatic or more of a veggie devotee, we promise that there’s a kebab out there *just* for you. Check out our versatile collection below, fire up the grill, and get cookin’.
1. Dill Salmon and Zucchini Kebabs: Salmon, lemon, and dill are known to get along, and these kebabs prove it. Finish them off with a creamy yogurt sauce for a healthy indulgence. (via Appetites Anonymous)
2. Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Skewers: It’s hard to beat the summery flavor of grilled chicken, but this recipe amps it up with sweet peppers, tangy onions, and an herbaceous chimichurri. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
3. Vegetable Souvlaki Rolls: Greek-marinated veggies are skewered, grilled, then folded into a naan or pita and drizzled with zesty yogurt sauce, making it perfect for lunch or a light dinner. (via One Teaspoon of Life)
4. Easy Grilled Steakhouse Kebabs: Tender marinated beef is speared with robust mushrooms, onions, and crisp peppers before being tossed on the grill for a steak night made easy. (via The Chunky Chef)
5. Grilled Red, White, and Blue Potato Skewers With Ranch Dressing: If your love for potatoes knows no limits, then you need these grilled gems in your life, stat. Just smother them in ranch dressing and you’re good to go. (via 40 Aprons)
9. Kickin’ Chicken Skewers: If you believe that bacon belongs everywhere, try these finger-lickin’ bacon-wrapped chicken skewers forever — and that sweet and savory glaze can’t miss! (via Perfectlee Hungry)
10. Steak Fajita Skewers With Cilantro Chimichurri: Skip the tortillas and turn your fajitas into grilled skewers with crunchy peppers, onions, mouth-watering steak, and a fresh cilantro chimichurri sauce that’ll knock your socks off. (via Recipe Runner)
11. Grilled Greek Lamb Skewers: *Greek out* with these Whole30 and paleo-friendly skewers! With tender marinated lamb and crisp veggies, they’re as wholesome as they are tasty. (via What Great Grandma Ate)
13. Rosemary Pesto Grilled Shrimp: This GF weeknight wonder only takes 20 minutes to make. Shrimp is slathered with an aromatic homespun pesto for a summertime meal you’ll make over and over again. (via Wry Toast)
14. Coq au Vin Blanc on Skewers: Oh em gee. This innovative spin on a French classic brings herbed chicken and veggies to the grill, and then smothers them with a white wine sauce. (via Away from the Box)
15. Tofu Shawarma Skewers: These tasty shawarma skewers could sway any tofu skeptic with its tantalizing marinade and mix of crunchy vegetables. Serve them over a mountain of couscous, and you’ve got yourself a solid meal. (via Vegan Yak Attack)
16. Grilled Lamb and Fig Skewers With Mint Pepper Glaze: Surprise your pals by grilling fresh figs alongside your lamb with a sweet, punchy, and cooling mint glaze. (via Panning the Globe)
For more summer-inspired eats to throw on the grill, follow us on Pinterest.