Today is National French Toast Day, folks! And this deserves a sweet (or savory) celebration. Whether you’re a classic kind of girl who loves syrup and sweetness or you’re searching for a stuffed and savory breakfast recipe, there are all kinds of uniquely delicious French toast recipes for you. In fact, they’re so special you’ll be tempted to celebrate National French Toast day all year, whether it’s with a breakfast treat, midnight snack or brunch for two.
3. Savory Romano Crusted French Toast with Cherry Tomato Basil Butter: The simple-to-make savory cherry tomato butter makes the dish sweet and complex. (via How Sweet Eats)
6. Almond Butter and Jelly French Toast: Sometimes little kids are impossible to cook for, especially when they have favorites they don’t deviate from. This PB&J remix will impress even the most discerning palates. (via Food & Wine)
7. Cappuccino French Toast With Coffee Cream: It’s entirely understandable if you start salivating from reading the title alone. Coffee lovers will rejoice when they taste their latest caffeine fix. (via Cafe Delites)
10. Vegan Chai French Toast + Hot Honeyed Figs: For all you ladies who love a spicy Chai, this will be your go-to breakfast. Greek yogurt, bananas and coconut oil lead to a tropical treat. (via Radiant Rachels)
12. Raspberry French Toast Bake: You offered to host book club and are running out of brunch ideas. After all, you can’t exactly serve everyone scrambled eggs. This bake will impress everyone with your hostessing skills. (via Naturally Ella)
13. Pear, Ricotta and Chocolate French Toast Sandwiches: Dark chocolate, vanilla, ricotta and cream combine to create the ultimate post-brunch dessert. (via Indemic)
15. French Toast Donuts: No, you didn’t read that wrong. Your biggest brunch fantasies are a reality. You can make this dish for National Donut Day or National French Toast Day — chef’s choice. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
16. Overnight Blueberries and Cream French Toast Casserole: If you’re a sucker for sweet potato casseroles, this recipe’s for you. Same delicious taste, but in breakfast form. (via Cookies and Cups)
How will you celebrate National French Toast Day? Let us know in the comments below!