15 Creative Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes for Thanksgiving
You may be inclined to try healthy alternatives to classic holiday recipes on Pinterest, but when it comes to sweet potato casseroles, it’s well worth creating something covered in marshmallows and brown sugar. Whether you’re looking for a new recipe for Friendsgiving or are trying to impress your S.O.’s critical fam (gulp), these sweet potato recipes will have everyone falling in love. There’s sweet, there’s savory and there’s even bourbon-infused sweet potatoes. All of the recipes are different, but they all have one major ingredient in common — and they’re all ridiculously decadent and delicious.
1. Candied Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole: The crunchy topping and mini marshmallows here mean that it’s entirely possible this sweet and salty snack will be gone before dinner even starts. (via Creme de la Crumb)
2. Healthy Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole: No one likes saving all of their holiday cooking for the last minute and then struggling to get done in time. Instead, break out your slow cooker for a simple recipe that’s healthy and easy to prepare before the parade starts. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
4. Sweet Potato S’mores Bars: When you’re questioning what you can cook to make Thanksgiving even more decadent and delicious, these s’mores bars have you covered. They combine everything you love about a sweet potato casserole with mouthwatering chocolate bars. (via Taste of the South)
5. Mexican Sweet Potato Puff Pie: As much as you love all of the Thanksgiving favorites, sometimes you wish someone would make something to mix it up. Your foodie prayers are answered with this sweet potato puff pie that’s easy, cheesy and like nothing you’ve ever tasted. (via A Sunshiny Day)
6. Salted Caramel Sweet Potato Casserole: If your favorite Starbucks concoction involves salted caramel, you’ll be *crazy* about this casserole. Don’t blame us if you’re licking the sauce straight from the pan. (via AbaJillian Recipes)
12. Sweet Potato Casserole, Gratin Style: If you love a good gratin but are looking for a healthier twist (despite your love of cheese), this recipe uses dijon to create the savory treat you’ve been searching for. (via The Healthy Foodie)
13. Light Sweet Potato Casserole With Maple Toasted Marshmallows: Fresh sage gives this light and lovely recipe an unexpected flavor. Plus, the marshmallow topping makes it totally Instagram-worthy. (via Half Baked Harvest)
14. Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Casserole: This casserole might not be just like mom used to make, but it’s a new take on the classic version. It’s vegan, gluten-free and downright delicious. (via Eating Bird Food)
15. Sweet Potato Soufflé: Take your sweet potato dish up a notch with this sweet potato soufflé that’s incredibly elegant. It’s the perfect excuse to break out your cute ramekins too. (via Martha Stewart)
When it comes to sweet potato casseroles, are you old-school or inventive? Let us know your favorite recipe in the comments below!