15 Creative Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes for Thanksgiving
You may be inclined to try healthy alternatives to classic holiday recipes on Pinterest, but when it comes to sweet potato casseroles, it’s well worth creating something covered in marshmallows and brown sugar. Whether you’re looking for a new recipe for Friendsgiving or are trying to impress your S.O.’s critical fam (gulp), these sweet potato recipes will have everyone falling in love. There’s sweet, there’s savory and there’s even bourbon-infused sweet potatoes. All of the recipes are different, but they all have one major ingredient in common — and they’re all ridiculously decadent and delicious.
1. Candied Pecan Sweet Potato Casserole: The crunchy topping and mini marshmallows here mean that it’s entirely possible this sweet and salty snack will be gone before dinner even starts. (via Creme de la Crumb)
2. Healthy Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole: No one likes saving all of their holiday cooking for the last minute and then struggling to get done in time. Instead, break out your slow cooker for a simple recipe that’s healthy and easy to prepare before the parade starts. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
4. Sweet Potato S’mores Bars: When you’re questioning what you can cook to make Thanksgiving even more decadent and delicious, these s’mores bars have you covered. They combine everything you love about a sweet potato casserole with mouthwatering chocolate bars. (via Taste of the South)
5. Mexican Sweet Potato Puff Pie: As much as you love all of the Thanksgiving favorites, sometimes you wish someone would make something to mix it up. Your foodie prayers are answered with this sweet potato puff pie that’s easy, cheesy and like nothing you’ve ever tasted. (via A Sunshiny Day)
6. Salted Caramel Sweet Potato Casserole: If your favorite Starbucks concoction involves salted caramel, you’ll be *crazy* about this casserole. Don’t blame us if you’re licking the sauce straight from the pan. (via AbaJillian Recipes)
12. Sweet Potato Casserole, Gratin Style: If you love a good gratin but are looking for a healthier twist (despite your love of cheese), this recipe uses dijon to create the savory treat you’ve been searching for. (via The Healthy Foodie)
13. Light Sweet Potato Casserole With Maple Toasted Marshmallows: Fresh sage gives this light and lovely recipe an unexpected flavor. Plus, the marshmallow topping makes it totally Instagram-worthy. (via Half Baked Harvest)
14. Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Casserole: This casserole might not be just like mom used to make, but it’s a new take on the classic version. It’s vegan, gluten-free and downright delicious. (via Eating Bird Food)
15. Sweet Potato Soufflé: Take your sweet potato dish up a notch with this sweet potato soufflé that’s incredibly elegant. It’s the perfect excuse to break out your cute ramekins too. (via Martha Stewart)
When it comes to sweet potato casseroles, are you old-school or inventive? Let us know your favorite recipe in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)