The New Target Kids Art Class Collection Is the Coolest Thing to Happen in 2017 So Far
If you’re a parent, you know a trip to Target “just to pick up a few things” always ends in pleasejust take all my money. Between amazing nursery decor and beauty essentials for yourself, there’s always something fun to buy. Target’s latest kids’ accessory and clothing brand, however, blows everything else in the store out of the water. It’s called Art Class, and it was co-designed by kids, for kids. If that wasn’t cool enough, the talented youngsters behind the collection probably have already accomplished more at 12 years of age than you did by 25. (Seriously, their stories are amazing — check them all out here.) Art Class is available in stores January 22. Here’s a look at everything we’re crushing on.
1. Skeleton Hoodies: If your future doctor is fascinated with X-rays, they don’t want to save the skeletons for Halloween. This cool sweatshirt lets them look a little boney year round, in a good way!
2. Tie Dye Denim: The Canadian tuxedo gets a much-needed upgrade when you throw some tie-dye in the mix. This top’s design reminds us of clouds. It would be the perfect casual buy for your little man.
3. Bohemian Comfort: A chic bohemian cutout top and cool harem pants are the perfect comfy combo. A gal could wear this to school every day and look so cool, but still feel like she’s in her PJs.
Rock on ShirtsWait, do kids in the Justin Bieber age even know what rock ‘n’ roll means? Apparently so. This sleeveless hooded tee, for a lack of a better term, rocks, and we hope it comes in our size.
5. Sporty Shorts: Busy, active #futuregirlbosses need sporty, casual looks that will take them from the rock climbing gym to slam poetry practice. This look delivers because it’s equally as practical as it is fashionable.
6. Metallics: You can bet that your kids are going to be on-trend with anything you purchase from the collection. And that includes trendy metallic shorts and hats to heart.
7. Surfer-Inspired Looks: One of the kid designers behind the collection is the youngest big world surfer in the world. So of course there are some tropical looks that get a (hang) 10 in our book. The button-down and board shorts combo is seriously cool.
8. Athleisure Wear: Most of the kids who worked on the collection described their style as “sporty chic.” So you can bet there will be some athleisure options available. Girls will love these sporty joggers with a fun patterned zip-up jacket to complete the look.
9. Shirts for Dapper Dudes: Not everything in the collection is super casual. The kids who came up with the ideas are accomplished photographers and bloggers, so they might need something for a business meeting every once in awhile, and this button-down will be up for the task. We’ll give it an A+.