10 Ways Amazon’s New Service Will Help Lazy Girls Finish Their To-Do Lists
You know the song “Working For the Weekend”? That’s exactly the opposite of what we’re looking to do every Friday evening through Sunday night (make that every evening, actually). Amazon and TaskRabbit have heard our cries and introduced a new feature that is every lazy girl’s (and overworked gals’) fantasy.
Our friends at TaskRabbit (remember #3dvalentine?) have joined forces with Amazon to make the online retailer’s Home Services platform a more seamless process. This first-of-its-kind integration enables Amazon shoppers — that’s basically everyone — to hire a vetted and insured Tasker for all types of handy(wo)man services. With one-click shopping, you’ll say goodbye to heavy lifting (and basic annoying tasks) altogether.
Launching first in San Francisco and then gradually expanding to other cities in the coming weeks, this service will provide buyers a variety of Taskers to take care of handy(wo)man work, furniture assembly, product installations and so much more. After purchasing your items through Amazon, you get the opportunity to pick your Tasker based on ratings and reviews — remember, they will be hanging out with you in your house. Then, once you pick the perfect person for the assignment, the only work you have to do is, you know, whatever else is on your to-do list.
We’re serious when we say this is the lazy girl and guy’s dream. Since this service is the equivalent of having your own personal Genie, we thought up a chore list that Amazon and TaskRabbit’s partnership will make possible. Because who better to power through it than anyone but us? ;)
1. Mount Your New Flat Screen TV: You just treated yourself to the 65-inch Smart TV you’ve been eyeing for a while, but now you can add on a friend to help you get it on the wall… and hide your cables too.
2. Assemble Your Furniture: Just the thought of putting together that newly purchased sectional sofa brings back all the IKEA PTSD of your college and after-college years. Now you can shop it and someone else can take that DIY action off your hands so all you have to do is decorate ’em once complete.
3. Clean Your House: Haven’t dusted or mopped in ages and don’t really actually ever plan on doing those activities? Buy all the essentials — window cleaning soap, laundry detergent, a vacuum, etc. on Amazon — then pick out a pro to help whip your place into shape before the ‘rents visit.
4. Childproof Your Home: The toughest question is where to start — other than the obvious baby gate, cabinet locks and outlet covers. Once you’ve added all the necessities to your shopping cart, assign a pro to this assignment to guarantee your child gets into absolutely nothing they shouldn’t.
5. Install Your Exercise Equipment: You want to work out but you don’t want to do the pre-workout of setting up that brand-new elliptical, treadmill or bike. Now you can shop pump you up gear and a Taskers (with protein shake in hand?) can help assemble and design your in-home gym.
6. Move Your Furniture: You just bought that new ottoman you’ve been eyeing, now you need to figure out a way to fit it into your living room’s feng shui. Get a Tasker with a creative eye to help you out.
7. Paint Your Walls: Though you are totally a homemaker, you might need a little help actually getting that accent wall going after picking out the perfect hue. Assign a Rabbit to make it happen and you’ll be coming home shocked like one of those homeowners from Trading Spaces.
8. Get Your Garden Together: You are loving the arrival of spring and all the gardening that comes with it, and now you can get it started with a couple extra green thumbs.
9. Snow Plow Your Driveway: Bookmark this one for winter NEXT year (actually we’re bookmarking it for our Xmas gift to our snowed-in dads!). You can actually buy snow supplies and then get someone to help you put ’em to use on the regular.
10. String the Holiday Lights: Another good one to save — once you pick out your multi-colored lights and inflatable scenery for extra holiday cheer, you can call on someone to help you string them in all of your Clark Griswold glory.
Will you be taking advantage of this TaskRabbit + Amazon partnership? Let us know in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)