Make This Easy + Festive Fall Salad To Serve At Thanksgiving Dinner
When it comes to Thanksgiving sides, you might immediately think of mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and stuffing. And we're totally with you. But why not jazz things up this year with something a little unexpected? This light and flavorful Thanksgiving salad recipe is the perfect complement to your traditional Thanksgiving menu, but it also adds some nuts and greens into your meal. Whip it up to surprise and delight your guests this holiday season.
- 7 ounces arugula
- 1/2 cup feta crumbles
- 1 cup candied pecans (recipe below)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds, from 1-2 pomegranates
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss together pecans, avocado oil, maple syrup, and salt, and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for about 5 minutes, remove from oven and let cool before adding to the salad.
To Assemble the Salad:
- In a large salad bowl, add in arugula, feta crumbles, candied pecans and pomegranate seeds.Toss lightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle over the salad right before serving.
Photos and recipes by Sarah Anderson.
- 15 Thanksgiving Appetizers for the Thanksgiving Table - Brit + Co ›
- 13 Whole30 Thanksgiving Sides to Keep You on Track - Brit + Co ›
- 10 Green Salads Worthy of Your Holiday Table - Brit + Co ›
- This Healthy, Fall Quinoa Salad Recipe Will Fuel You Through the ... ›
- 50 Thanksgiving Side Dishes for Every Feast - Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- This Bowl Of Greens Brings Some Real "Big Salad Energy" - Brit + Co ›