The BritList: Notorious Baldies, Bacon Candy Canes, and More
How’s your Thanksgiving food coma hangover going? Already ready for a turkey cranberry sando? Or perhaps some roasted turkey queso? Whatever your current turkey-related hunger status is this morning, we know you’re ready for one thing. The BritList!
2. American Master Plungers ($300): Obviously we’re super into things that are American-made and the maker movement, but artisan plungers? Really? $300 for a color-blocked paint job? Too far.
3. Lenticular Dress Changes Patterns: How crazy is this? This dress changes patterns depending on what angle you’re looking at it from. Polka dots or stripes? You decide.
4. 8,080 Colored Pencils: So. Many. Pencils! This beautiful installation was created with 8,080 colored pencils to create beautiful color combinations and gradients throughout.
5. Ugly Sweater Generator: Coke Zero has totally nailed it this latest microsite. It’s an ugly Christmas sweater generator, packed with all those awesomely heinous patterns you know and love.
6. Nail Art: Okay, we thought our take on nail art was clever… until we saw this series of photographs recreated with thousands upon thousands of nails.
7. The Zipper Dress: A dress that is totally adjustable with just a quick zip or unzip? Dangerous, but also pretty innovative.
8. Cat Beard Notebook ($10): It’s a notebook that gives you a cat beard. What more do you need to know?
10. Bacon Candy Canes ($8): Bacon madness is still happening, and we’re not sure it will ever end. The latest? Bacon Candy Canes.
11. Bound, the New Class: In a totally genius and scarily perfect storm of creativity, James Franco and Seth Rogen present their scene-by-scene parody of Kanye West’s instantly infamous Bound 2 music video. Warning: This cannot be unseen.
12. Lisa Frank Ornaments ($12): And finally, a cuddly pair of ornaments from our neon-loving inspiration, Lisa Frank.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)