The Edit: Treat Yo’Self Essentials to Help You De-Stress During the Holiday Season
Let’s be real — the “most wonderful time of the year” also happens to be one of the most stressful. Between a full workload, holiday parties galore and a lengthy gift list to tackle, you have a lot on your plate. Translation: STRESS. It can be easy to find yourself dragged into a pit of bah humbugs by the chaos of the season, but it’s nothing a little self-love can’t cure. This week’s edition of The Edit is all about self-care essentials (and no, that doesn’t include that sequined holiday dress or box bag you’ve been eyeing for months) that will zap a case of the holiday blues, stat.
1. Outdoor Voices Springs Legging ($95): The best way to bust stress and stay sane this season is to break a sweat. Toss on these cool tricolor leggings and send those bad vibes packin’ with a yoga or spin class sweat-sesh.
2. Karuna Flawless Skin Kit ($39): The combo of stress, dehydration and cold weather can do a serious number on your skin. Protect your money-maker and put a little pep back into your step with the help of Karuna’s face masks, a hot bath and some coconut water. Follow it up with a 10-minute meditation and a Netflix-and-chill sesh for good measure.
3. Rue de Marli No. 27 Candles ($26): Cultivate calm by lighting candles and watch the stress of your nine-to-five life melt away fast. Turn on some soothing tunes, grab a book and get ready to unwind.
4. Victoria’s Secret Afterhours Satin Pajama ($72): There’s nothing like a pair of satin pajamas to make a girl feel fancy. Upgrade your night-in style game by snuggling up in this fab set of pretty-in-pink PJs. Pair with shearling-lined slippers and a luxe charcoal mask to achieve heavenly levels of comfort.
5. Nike Metallic Air Max Thea SE Sneaker ($115): Holiday soirées may call for shimmery dresses and to-die-for pumps, but don’t forget to give your feet a rest between fêtes. Whether you’re out running errands or commuting to the office, treat your feet to a pair of comfy-yet-cool kicks, like these chic, metallic sneakers. Pop ’em on with leather joggers, an oversized turtleneck and a longline coat for an off-duty look that’s just as It-girl-approved as it is effortless and cozy.
6. Palais des Thés Thé des Alizes ($21): Pinkies up! Make any time tea time by stashing this vibrant green tea (with floral notes and hints of white peach, kiwi and watermelon — yum!) in your desk or kitchen cupboard for a quick pick-me-up when you’re having one of those days.
7. 21 Drops De-stress Essential Oil Blend ($29): Introducing the de-stress essential that needs to be a part of your can’t-live-without-it bag swag — like, yesterday. From endless to-do lists to holiday overload, this essential oil blend will put you on a train straight to zen city. Rub it gently on the temples, wrist and collarbone, inhale deeply, then watch as tension says farewell. Keep one in your desk, purse, car and bedside table so you’re always armed and ready for whatever the world throws at you.
8. TenOverTen O28 Orchard ($18): What holiday cheer can’t be revived with a festive and fresh mani? Not only is the fabulously bright color of this non-toxic polish bound to give you a mood boost, but the concentration it takes to pull off a flawless manicure will keep your mind clear of negative vibes.
9. Hugger Mugger Para Rubber Yoga Mat ($85): Put a little Downward Dog and Sun Salutation in your life. Just 10 minutes on your mat every morning or evening is all it takes to press restart on your mind and mood. With its psychedelic pattern and calming shade of purple, this extra grippy mat will prevent you from slipping and sliding while you clear your head and get refreshed.
11. Zara Patchwork Tote ($90): Holiday shopping excursions call for a roomy (and stylish) tote that eliminates the need to haul around 1,000 shopping bags. Load it up with all of your lovely holiday finds, and then make it work overtime on Monday by adding it to your HBIC lineup.
12. Daylee Naturals Therapeutic Hot / Cold Gel Eye Masks Micro Bead ($5): Even if you’re broke AF, you can still treat yo’self without going into the red with this microbead eye mask. After a late night spent jammin’ out to “Santa Baby,” stick this bad boy in the fridge for thirty minutes, pop it on and say sayonara to puffy, tired eyes. Put up your feet and have bae bring you a glass of wine because, why not?
13. Everlane Cashmere Sweatpant ($140): Hello, sweatpants of our dreams. These babies are made from cashmere, which means your chillin’ wardrobe is about to take a one-way trip to comfy town. Ideal for après-ski or a tough day on the job, they’re the off-duty hero piece you never knew you needed to survive the holiday season.
14. Herbivore Botanicals Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Face Mist ($32): In the midst of a holiday meltdown, there’s nothing like a fresh, herbal mist to wake up your mind. One quick spritz will zap your face with a freshening hydration that’ll also keep your makeup looking fly all day long.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.