The Edit: Holiday Party Must-Haves for $150 or Less
We know, we know — there’s a lot on your plate right now: finding the perfect gift for Mom and Dad (not to mention your boss and coworkers!), getting ahead at work and juggling a full social calendar. Sartorial matters might be far from your mind, but let’s be real — ’tis the season to go all out in the style department. And girl, you’ve got to have the right duds. Ugly sweaters and holiday statement pieces aside, a killer party dress, show-stopping pumps and a jaw-dropping pouch bag are just a few party circuit essentials that need to make their way into your closet STAT. Since you have a lengthy to-do list to take care of, this week’s edition of The Edit is bringing you a slew of party-ready pieces that will take you from now until NYE in style. Scroll on for 22 chic bodsyuits, dresses, bags and baubles with It girl-approved edge.
1. H&M Sweatshirt With Printed Design ($25): Don’t even think of embarking on the party circuit without at least one tacky AF option on standby. This sassy sequined sweatshirt is ripe for the pickin’ as far as ugly sweater parties are concerned. Rock it at the office with a metallic pleated midi skirt and ankle boots or go all out with a festive headpiece and shimmery eye makeup for a get-together with the girls.
2. Topshop Regal Satin Brooch Mules ($100): A killer pair of steppers is always in order, especially when there’s a slew of festive events on the agenda. Upgrade a trusty LBD in a snap by adding these beauties (and a pair of shimmery socks) and a faux fur coat to the mix, or pop ’em on with a velvet jumpsuit for an ah-mazing anything-but-a-dress ensemble. Best-dressed status officially achieved.
3. Zara Long Velvet Scarf ($16): When it’s cold as all get-out, baring it all just isn’t an option. Because duh. Skip the expected ’90s choker and opt for an accoutrement with a little more oomph. This skinny velvet scarf will bring the drama to romantic boho dresses and structured jackets alike. And yeah — they’re 100-percent HR approved.
4. ASOS Knitted Sweater and Skirt With Metallic Fringing Co-ord ($99): If you thought matching sets were strictly reserved for the over-60 crowd, think again. Asymmetrically styled silver fringe brings a punch of pizzazz to otherwise understated separates, making for a ready-to-fête getup that feels surprisingly cutting edge. Keep the cool factor in check with laser-cut booties, a sleek ‘do and siren red pout.
5. Noir Jewelry Phecda Ring ($32): It’s all about the bling. The holiday season is the perfect time to get flashy, but if sequins and glitter aren’t your thing, you might be wondering just how to get your shine on. This celestial ring is just what the doctor ordered, combining scene-stealing with understated design elements for a serious wow-worthy look. The only thing missing? A killer mani.
6. Free People Izzy Faux Fur Jacket ($98): Leather? Whatever. Take your ensemble straight into street style territory with a lush faux fur coat that screams girl gone glam. Play it cool with a wrap slip dress and classic ankle-strap heels for a romantic dinner date with bae, or go OTT for an upcoming GNO with a silver shift dress, an embellished box clutch and bold baubles.
7. Milly Zebra Box Clutch ($97): Don’t underestimate the power of a show-stopping bag. Kick your go-to crossbody to the curb and adopt this exotic clutch instead. Your after-hours swag — lipstick, keys and cab fare — never looked so good.
8. New Look Deco Wrap Choker Necklace ($23): ‘90s chic meets Art Deco glamour. For a festive look that is straight-up timeless, take this OMG-gorgeous number for a test drive alongside a velvet bodysuit, faux fur stole and a classy lady pouch to achieve a double-tap-worthy look.
9. Converse Holiday Party High Top Chucks ($80): File these unexpected steppers under must-have pieces to scoop up STAT. Wear them out caroling with a bright cable knit sweater, slip ’em on alongside a statement puffer or accessorize with an equally as eye-catching pair of drop earrings to put a downtown edge on a simple black dress.
10. H&M Glittery Bodysuit ($25): One bodysuit, so many possibilities. You’ll have no problem styling up this stunner on repeat — you can play it safe by tucking it into a pair of high-waisted denim, or channel your inner femme fatale with stiletto ankle boots and a sleek ponytail.
11. J.Crew Cluster Drop Earrings ($48): More is more as far as these cluster drops are concerned. The marriage of classic and modern design is sure to stand out in a crowd of sparkly chandelier earrings and glitzy ear cuffs. Our only advice: Feel free to balance out the contemporary-cool aesthetic with a bold midi dress or glitter-flecked utility jacket.
12. Zara Reversible Sequin Crossbody Bag ($30): Girl, you’ve got this whole holiday dressing thing in the bag. Whether you’re heading out on the town for an unforgettable GNO or doing a bit of holiday shopping, this sparkly stunner is as glam as it gets. Whip out some lace-up pumps and a velvet A-line dress for an off-the-clock look that’s ready to mingle.
13. Mango Mixed Striped Dress ($50): Nothing to wear to bae’s annual office soiree? Take the sophisticated route with this striped midi dress that will double for everyday HBIC duties, libations at a buzz-worthy new restaurant in town, you name it. Do more by doing less with some sleek ankle-strap heels, a cocoon coat and asymmetric drops with major street-style appeal.
14. Nina Cherie Illusion Sandal ($89): Brace yourselves, ladies: Armed with these red hot steppers, you’re bound to become the belle of the ball. Do ‘em up holiday style with an embellished pouch and a gold jacquard dress, then work your magic to get back on Santa’s “nice” list.
15. ASOS Ultimate Pink Metallic Suit ($152): When you have no idea what to wear but a dress is definitely out of the question, this blush metallic suit is a pretty ah-mazing option. Beyond being totally unexpected, it boasts major wear-again-and-again potential post-holiday season. Dial up the drama with a plunge silk cami, runway-ready smokey eye and statement studs.
16. Alexis Bittar Crystal Encrusted Accented Gemstone Cluster Dangling Earrings ($134): Cue the Champagne: We’ve uncovered the edgy earrings that tick all the boxes — and then some. Whether you’re playing hostess with the mostest or gearing up for a gala, these crystal-encrusted stunners are as fierce as it gets. Bust ‘em out with party-ready pumps and a structured LBD for an after hours-approved look that is flawless — not fussy.
17. ASOS Wrap Cami Top in Velvet ($43): ICYMI: (But with your street style rep, we doubt you have.) Velvet is having a major moment, and no holiday soiree should go by without at least one piece in the super soft fabric on standby. In a sea of look-at-me dresses, this velvet wrap cami — teamed with tailored jacquard trousers and gilded Mary Janes, no less — will turn heads and make jaws drop. The best part: You can wear it again and again — can you say that of a flashy frock?
18. Eugenie Bee Mata Hari Earcuff ($80): This floral ear cuff, with its delicate detailing and swingy fringe, is straight-up #goals. Skip the standard chandeliers and tap into this number’s goddess appeal by pairing it with an ethereal maxi dress and velvet platform heels. Red carpet ready? You better believe it.
19. Guess Striped Sequin Dress ($90): Hello, gorgeous! For an effortless look that can be styled in two seconds flat, toss this silver striped sequin dress on with ankle-strap block heels and voila — you’re ready to hit the party circuit in style.
20. Club Monaco Rahma Sweater ($150): ’Tis the season to snuggle up in a mountain of cozy sweaters. When you’re not schmoozing with the best of ‘em at a swanky charity soiree, you can be found sipping hot cocoa and crafting Christmas gifts with your besties. Your off-duty uniform of choice? This cable knit number, boy jeans and faux fur-lined loafers. Top it off with fresh-faced makeup, a checked coat and a messy topknot for a French girl-approved ensemble.
21. ASOS Lanterns Holidays Tinsel Pom Mules ($38): Don’t let too-tall heels stand between you and a late-night date with the dance floor. In lieu of strappy stilettos that’ll leave your toesies in a state of distress, these glitterati-worthy mules will keep feet happy and your dance moves #onfleek. Plus, they’re just the thing to take an everyday #OOTD into party city.
22. Express Sheer Black Bodysuit Maxi Dress ($70): What would holiday season be without at least one swoon-inducing frock? Put the sequins on pause by subbing in this daring maxi dress for your next girls’ night out. Keep it classy with classic heels and a statement cuff to make jaws drop. We have a feeling it won’t be long before this number becomes a regular in your rotation.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.