The Edit: Lazy Girl Party Essentials for a Fuss-Free Night
Whether you’re spreading holiday cheer or toasting to the New Year, there’s one thing that’s for sure: You don’t do fuss and frills. When it comes to getting gussied up, your lazy-girl style sensibilities take over, full stop. Their only request? That you pull together an ensemble that’s equal parts comfy and cutting-edge cool. Which, actually, is a pretty tall order. And that means no too-tight bodycons, towering stilettos or holiday dresses that try to outshine the disco ball. Hard swerve. We get you, girl, which is why we’ve dedicated this week’s edition of The Edit to you. Below, you’ll find 11 style essentials that’ll earn you all the style cred this season, without compromising on your comfort. Sounds like a good deal, right? Scroll on!
1. Mango Openwork Knit Sweater ($60): This is about as festive as you get — tossing on a seasonally appropriate sweater and a pair of boyfriend jeans. Word. For a little bit of extra oomph, try styling ’em alongside metallic Mary Janes or an awe-inspiring pair of chandelier earrings FTW.
2. Zara Sequin Dress ($129): Okay, so it doesn’t exactly scream subtle, but trust us on this one. This frock’s innate shimmer factor means you can skip out on accessorizing entirely and still reign as best dressed at the party. Just team it with low-key block heels and a bold red lip for a show-stopping look that requires zero effort.
3. Topshop Crinkle Velvet Palazzo ($125): You might not be able to hit the party circuit in a pair of sweats, but these babies are the next best thing, ya dig? Perfect for kickin’ back with a glass of bubbly or boppin’ to the beat on the dance floor, the free-flowing silhouette is ridiculously comfortable and Instababe approved. What more could you ask for?
4. Free People Trouble Maker Party Bolo ($58): Can’t be bothered to pull together a party-ready look? Just toss this celestial stunner on top of whatever you’re currently rockin’ and prepare to hear your pals sing your praises.
5. Sam Edelman “Leya” Faux Fur Laceless Sneaker ($100): You don’t *do* heels — and that’s totally cool. These pom-pom trimmed suede sneakers are just as stunning as any pair of shimmery stilettos, but unlike your heel-clad counterparts, you don’t have to worry about a post-party costume change. These kicks were made for dancing.
6. BDG Mom Jean — Sequin Patch ($79): Gem and sequin accents transform this pair of distressed denim into the perfect ready-to-party piece. Toss it on with an oversized cable knit, glitzy earrings and a sleek pair of flats for an effortless look that’s ideal for a holiday gift exchange or New Year’s Day brunch.
7. Stylenanda Blazer Jacket With All Over Embellishment ($151): No need for a costume change to make your on-the-job duds feel festive. Just pop this fringe-flecked topper on and you’re good to go. Round out the look with a swipe of berry lipstick and a streamlined clutch for celebratory after-work drinks or your fam’s annual holiday bash.
8. Kendall + Kylie Evelyn Belt Bag ($150): Going hands-free this holiday season is non-negotiable, because there’s no way you’re going to be lugging around a clutch when busting a move. This chic metallic belt bag boasts plenty of space for all your night-out essentials, plus it’ll amp up your ensemble’s *festive factor* the second you slip it on.
9. Ann Taylor Floral Statement Earrings ($60): Repeat after us: Statement jewelry is your friend. A little bling can go a long way, effortlessly turning up the heat on even the most blasé of basics. Consider these sparklers your new signature.
10. Free People Stone Bun Cuff ($18): Fancy ‘dos just aren’t your deal, and that’s totally cool. Do right by your signature messy bun with a bun cuff that reads fuss-free and fierce. Take a pass on statement jewelry — your new sartorial BFF — to allow this unique piece to be the focus of your look.
11. ASOS Jumpsuit With Wide Leg in Floral Jacquard ($98): So much swagger, so little effort. A jumpsuit eliminates the need to do the mix-and-match thing, which is major in terms of the time and effort it takes to throw together a flawless ensemble. Throw in a funky floral print and you’re well on your way to achieving street-style status. Play it cool with a pair of velvet mules and statement stud earrings for a low-key look that slays.