Calling all watermelon lovers! National Watermelon Day is right around the corner, and we can’t think of a better summer holiday to celebrate (except maybe National Ice Cream Day). Even if you’re not a fan of the *actual* fruit, we’ve got DIY and decor ideas that are so cute we think you’ll def be down with commemorating the occasion. Scroll on for festive pool floats, decorative door signs, and fruity recipes — all in the signature pink and green theme. Once you pick a few faves, compile your guest list and get that Facebook event going, because come August 3, it’s time to host your “sweetest” event yet!
2. Sunnylife Watermelon Float ($60): Get your float on with this perfectly themed watermelon version.
4. Anthropologie Watermelon Paper Napkin Set ($6): Skip the cheap drugstore napkins and instead opt for the season’s most fashionable fruit version. Cleaning up messes will never be more fun!
5. ban.do Giant Circle Watermelon Towel ($68): Your towels just got a juicy upgrade. Leave these out around the pool as decor, even when the activities end.
7. Target Facedown Beach Lounger ($35): Summer is for lounging, so grab a couple of these outdoor recliners and place around the patio.
8. Grilled Watermelon: Forget the burgers and buns — grilled watermelon is where it’s at. Add a dollop of citrus whipped cream for a mouth-watering treat that you won’t be able to stop biting into. (via Brit + Co)
10. Nordstrom Watermelon Cup & Straw ($9): Pinkies up — it’s time to throw back your bevvies in style. And because this cup has a built-in straw, slurping is totally allowed.
11. Amara Watermelon String Lights ($26): Basic string lights are sooo last summer. Swap in watermelon ones instead to give your yard decor a trendy upgrade — and a LOT of added ambiance.
12. DIY Watermelon Hello Summer Sign: It doesn’t get much more festive than a customized welcome sign for the celebration. Use a wood plaque and some paint to create the punchiest door decor that’ll get your group right into the watermelon groove. (via Bugaboo City)
13. Watermelon Trinket Tray ($14): For a more refined affair, place watermelon trinket trays around the table as a sweet way to remind others why you’re celebrating in style.
Looking for more ways to celebrate National Watermelon Day? Follow us on Pinterest for additional ideas and inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.