Kaitlyn and John met over Kansas City Ice Waters in North Carolina, fell in love near the mountains of Tennessee, and got engaged in the Florida sunshine. So when considering the theme for their big day, there was just one option: wanderlust travel!
The pair set out to celebrate their love for each other at Glen Echo Country Club in St. Louis, Missouri. With some major DIY wins, like handmade place cards and a very fitting guest book, their wedding was a dreamy ode to their globe-trotting lifestyle. Scroll on to see our fave elements captured by Maria Newman Photography, and get inspired to bring those details into your big day.
1. Meaningful Details: To add a touch of glam to her minimalist look, the bride’s strapless A-line gown was delicately adorned with family heirlooms woven into lace trim. Clearly, a little glitz doesn’t have to be your “something new” to be totally stunning.
2. Sparkly Shoes: Since the bride was going for a fun, dance-the-night-away vibe on her big day, she opted for some comfy, yet ultra-chic, low wedges to set the tone. Take a page from Kaitlyn’s book and let your wedding shoes set the post-dinner tone.
3. Classic All-White Bouquet: Going all-white with your bouquet doesn’t mean going bland. Kaitlyn mixed hydrangeas, roses, and mini roses to create a gorgeously textured bouquet. The best part? You can find all of them year-round, so it’s very budget-friendly!
4. Adorable Matching Groomsmen: Who said that only the ladies care about details? These groomsmen donned American flag socks to bring a fun flair and pop of color to their friend’s military nuptials. If this wedding teaches us anything, it’s that small touches can’t go wrong when they’re on-theme.
5. Simple Scenery: The lovebirds said heartfelt vows with this simple, wooded view as their backdrop. If you’re digging this view, look for country clubs or museums in your area and use simple decor, like candles, to give your day an intimate atmosphere.
6. Travel Escort Cards: Our fave money-saving moment of Kaitlyn and John’s day is with these cuties. In lieu of the typical table number, the couple used locations of their favorite adventures. To DIY, head to your local craft store to buy card holders, then write out the name of your guests with fave destinations, or a different unique category that suits your theme.
7. Gilded Table Decor: If you liked the jet-setter place cards, you’re going to LOVE the table decor and centerpieces. The couple sprinkled golden airplane confetti and faux white rose petals atop the tables for a fun-meets-chic combo. If you’re aiming for a similar look, head over to Etsy and find the perfect themed confetti for your reception.
8. Minimalist Navy + Gold Menus: To start the party, the guests got a culinary sneak peek of the night’s munchies from these sleek menus. The classy color mix paired with playful typography vibes is serious tablescape #goals.
9. DIY Guest Book: Love really does make the world go ‘round. Keeping on-theme with the globe-trotting spirit, this couple created their own wedding guest book using a vintage globe and some craft paint. It’ll be a treasured keepsake no matter where they find themselves.
10. Sword Cake Cutting: To keep the feel of the day personalized and intimate, Kaitlyn and John incorporated aspects of their military life into the wedding by slicing the cake with John’s sword. Talk about wow factor!
There’s no doubt that this unique, travel-inspired duo had the weekend of their dreams. Many congrats to the happy couple!
Photographer: Maria Newman Photography
Venue: Glen Echo Country Club
Invitations Design: Young Jewelers
Floral Designer: Stems Florist
Cake Designer: Sarah’s Cake Shop
Caterer: Glen Echo Country Club
Bride’s Gown and Accessories: Lady in Lace
Hair and Makeup: Chic Salon
Follow us on Pinterest for more beautiful + creative wedding inspo.