12 Tasty Recipes You Can Make in a Toaster Oven
With the temperatures rising outside, the last thing you want to do is turn on your oven and heat up the whole house. But don’t worry — you won’t be stuck with just pasta salad and cold soups for the next few months. It’s time to pull that handy little appliance out of your cabinet and put it to good use. That’s right — we’re talking about your toaster oven. Check out these 12 terrific recipes for your tiny toaster oven.
1. Sticky Spicy Honey Chicken: Marinating the chicken in a blend of honey, chili sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil overnight (or at least 30 minutes if you’re in a rush) ensures moist and flavorful meat every single time. (via One Two Simple Cooking)
2. Broiled Grapefruit: Grapefruit is delicious on its own, but when topped with a mixture of brown and white sugars and broiled to caramelized perfection, it feels like you’re having dessert for breakfast. (via The Curvy Carrot)
3. Maple Glazed Donuts: Want all the satisfaction of warm donuts without the hassle of dealing with a pot of hot oil? Just pour the batter in your donut pan and pop them in the toaster oven. (via The Land of Spilled Milk and Honey)
9. Pork Chops: Cooking in the toaster oven actually results in juicer meat since the heat surrounds the food, instead of just coming from the bottom like in a regular oven. We learn something new every day. (via Live Strong)
11. Baked Eggs With Marinara and Parmesan: Great for a weekend brunch, these baked eggs feel fancy and elegant with hardly any effort. Layer the bottom of the ramekins with caramelized onions or sauteed mushrooms for an even more scrumptious surprise. (via Mountain Mama Cooks)
12. Puff Pastry Breakfast Pizza: Sheets of frozen puff pastry make this a quick and easy breakfast dish. Just remember to pop them back in the freezer for 10 minutes before baking so they puff up perfectly. (via Menu Musings)
Do you have any other creative uses for your toaster oven we should know about? Dish it out in the comments section!