9 Creative Gifts for Your BFF’s Toddler
Your BFF’s kiddo is turning the big 0-2, and you’re getting set to hit up the party, smile like there’s nowhere else you’d rather be, and bring the gift to end all gifts. But it’s not exactly easy to pick out the perfect present for a newly turned toddler. Before you point and click, check out these pint-sized picks that may just have a major impact.
1. Grimm’s Spiel & Holz Wooden Heart Blocks, Rainbow ($45): Get back to basics with these blocks. Your friend’s tot can build with them, puzzle them together, or use them to create their own sculptural art. The b-day kiddo will get years’ worth of use out of this gift.
2. Hedgehog Family Dolls ($26): These cuddly creatures are perfect picks for a tot’s birthday. They can snuggle up with these hedgehogs (no quills included) and create pretend plays with the animal family as they move into the preschool years.
3. Wooden Race Car and Driver ($48): Not thrilled with the poorly made plastic picks in most toy stores? This wooden kids’ car was crafted in Poland’s Carpathian mountains, made with FSC-certified sustainably managed European wood, and covered in non-toxic, natural paint.
4. Farm Animal Toys Puppet Bag ($27): This isn’t just a kid-friendly tote bag. Even though it’s perfect for the preschool set to carry around, it comes complete with three felt animal finger puppets.
5. Melissa & Doug Rainbow Caterpillar Bowling Set ($16): The more your friend’s tot starts walking and moving, the more they want to play. This rainbow caterpillar bowling set encourages activity — in a totally cute, totally fun way.
6. B. toys Buggly Wuggly ($25): Ride-on toys aren’t just for older kids. This toddler-friendly toy is sweet as a bug in a rug. Not only does it give your friend’s tot a not-so-wild ride (come on, they’re still in the under-four set), but it also makes cute little squeaky noises too.
7. Radio Flyer Kid’s Scoot 2 Pedal Scooter ($40): Well before your bestie’s mini me can ride a bike, this Radio Flyer offers an ideal movement activity. Tots can scoot along and then, when they’re ready, start pedaling away.
8. Wooden Magnetic Toolbox Trolley ($99): Tot’s first building set! Start STEM play early on with this hands-on gift.
9. Crate & Kids Sesame Street Wooden Stack and Pull Toy ($59): Filled with every little one’s fave characters, this pull- and-play toy gives toddlers the chance to build their budding fine-motor skills. With Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Oscar the Grouch, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster, your friend’s child will get hours of enjoyment from this cute toy.
What’s on your BFF’s tot’s b-day gift list? Share their pick and tweet us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.