13 Unique Gift Ideas for Someone Who Just Moved into a New Apartment
Moving can be rough. The move into a new or first apartment? Fuhgeddaboudit. Those sleek hardwoods and charming alcoves may have been the selling point, but they can also highlight all the necessary-but-missing items the rest of us take for granted. Save that stylishly labeled bottle of wine for the housewarming party after they’ve settled in, and turn your focus now to kitchen essentials and multipurpose decor pieces. These gifts will make them think of you (and your excellent taste) for years to come.
3. Did You Forget The Pizza Or…? Doormat ($40): A welcome sign is good fun, but a sassy doormat is exactly what your girl needs.
4. Calhoun & Co. Mamas Knit Throw Blanket ($98): Now that it’s hello-couch-goodbye-futon, make sure there’s a cozy throw blanket on hand so they can curl up with Netflix once the WiFi’s hooked up.
6. Agate Expectations Ceramic Plate Set ($30): Guarantee yourself an invite to the next dinner party with these graphic serving dishes.
7. Claus Porto Deco Collection Large Bar Soap ($27): Small details like a scented soap make a big difference when trying to make a new place feel like home.
8. Mysto Marble Ultrasonic Diffuser ($50): Moving is stressful, so help your girl relax with a little aromatherapy. Pair with her favorite essential oil.
9. Please Don’t Die Ceramic Planter ($25): Been there, done that. Hopefully this one won’t die too quickly.
10. Rifle Paper Co. Rosa Apron ($99): A change in kitchen scenery calls for an apron upgrade. All of her new house memories will be accompanied by the taste of an excellent meal.
11. XL Whimsical Hamper – Yellow Herringbone ($218): Now that she’s moving out of your place, you can say goodbye to her dirty socks all over the place. Help her take it a step further with an actual laundry basket.
12. Dixie and Twine OMG CONGRATS Banner ($16): Well wishes are always in style, especially when they come on glittery banners.
13. PMQ for two Dream House Key Tag ($10): The keys to the casa call for a special keychain. Pick up this vintage hotel key tag that would impress even Barbie.
Follow us on Pinterest for more gift ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.