14 Unexpected Manis to Rock This Holiday Season
You’ve got a full game plan for your holiday party hair + makeup — now what about your nails? If you’re anything like us, you’ll want your nail art to be a talking point. So, rather than relying on your fallback holiday polish hues for the office party (predictable red and green) and that NYE extravaganza (we LOVE sparkly holiday nails, but… again?), take your nail art to the next level with these 14 seriously unexpected nail designs to rock at any event this season.
1. Green Glass: Part broken glass, part holiday glam and 100% fierce. Pull off this look with a coat of black polish, “shards” of metallic stickers and a coat (or two) of a gel topcoat. (via @jn_naill)
2. Copper Leaf Starburst: Star light, star bright, these nails are here to steal the night. The burst of copper brings an unexpected edge to the traditional black mani. To DIY this look, slather on a coat of copper polish, cut a starburst shape into a piece of scotch tape and then paint over it with black. You can use any color combo, but the burst of copper brings an unexpected edge that’s perfect for NYE. (via The Beauty Department)
3. Gold n’ Blank Space: Who knew a simple blank space could look so elegant? The minimalist style was on full display at Tadashi Shoji’s FW ’14 fashion show, but this high-fashion look is the opposite of high maintenance: All you need is a strip of scotch tape to steal the look. (Photo via Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)
4. Blue and Gold Design: Forget red and green — this mani is making us ready for a blue Christmas (or Hanukkah!) The gold, blue and taupe go fabulously together for this art deco-inspired design. (via SoNailicious)
5. Snombré: A snowy holiday is right at your fingertips with this frosty design, perfect for those wishing for a blanket of snow this season. Use a toothpick and dab a bright white or silver onto dark tips to get this snowfall effect. (via Brit + Co)
6. Unexpected Burgundy: Add an element of the unexpected to your typical red nails using geometric shapes to spice things up. Add a classy negative space triangle right above your cuticles or give the tips of your nails a makeover with an asymmetric tips design. (via LuLu*s)
7. Golden Stained Glass: Forget glitter polish — we’ll be rocking thicker flecks this year. Choose a contrasting base color, and once that’s dry, press each metallic piece into a fresh clear coat. (via Lackfein)
8. Jewel Toned: While we certainly wouldn’t be disappointed in unwrapping some jewels from a loved one, for now we’ll settle for this truly glam manicure that can turn up a week-old mani like that. (via Love Maegan)
9. Abstract Stained Glass: We’re simply swooning over every aspect of this colorful display. While we love the color combo, our fave part has to be the shimmery silver separating each one, a very trendy way to get in on the glitz and glam of the holidays. (via Refinery29)
13. White and Gold Negative Space: Once you’ve decked the halls with silver and gold, add a bit of glitz and glam to your mani as well. There’s no shortage of beauty to look at with these gorgeously painted fingertips. (via @northnails)
Which of these nail designs is your favorite for the holiday season?Follow us on Pinterest for more holiday style inspo.