Convertible furniture may get a bad rap for being ugly, cheap, or hard to use, but there are still plenty of stylish and functional pieces to go with. And the below 20 items are proof of that. Whether you’re living in a studio apartment or are looking to consolidate your current stash, here are some options that are just as good at multi-tasking as you are.
2. RH Baby & Child Colette Tufted Crib ($1,299): When you’re outfitting a nursery, the furniture can get expensive, and it only works for a few months. Instead, go with a crib that actually grows with your child.
3. Fresh Futon Beat Convertible Futon ($599): Don’t worry, this isn’t your college futon. Instead, it’s a chic daybed complete with two comfy pillows.
5. Franc Fertig Corner Suite Vento (price upon request): Here’s a spacious corner couch that can easily be transformed into a double or twin bed. Consider it the perfect piece for those who love to entertain but are short on space.
6. Land of Nod Twin Sleeper Sofa ($1,199): Sometimes, you just don’t have the room for a full-on sleeper couch, so this sleek loveseat has you covered. Put it in the nursery room or kids’ room for sleepover fun, then later turn it into a cozy place to read or take naps.
8. Stokke Care ($539): From changing table to desk, this item will make it through all the stage of life. Bonus: It also makes for a smart bookshelf during those in-between years.
9. Bless Workbed (price upon request): Never fall asleep at your “desk” again with this creative option that morphs into a bed.
10. Stokke Tripp Trapp Chair ($249): Rather than keep a high chair in your basement for years, invest in this modern high chair that turns into a seat. Complete with a five-point harness, it’s equipped to hold up to 300 pounds.
11. Campeggi WOW Sofa (price upon request): For the epically lazy, turn your sofa into a bed with the push of a button. Since it comes in so many bright colors, the options to blend right into your environment are endless.
12. Zeitraum Guest Bed ($3,836): This choice is perfect for a teenage room or guest room. Since it stacks into a couch, daybed, and double bed, it works well for sleepovers and hangouts alike.
15. Zipcode Design Kaylee Convertible Sofa ($720): Finally, a sofa that has the same easy set-up as your old college futon, PLUS the comfort of a real sleeper couch.
16. YumanMod Marsala Console Table ($2,460): This sleek side table also functions as a useful, full-sized dining area for your next dinner party.
17. Jaxx Zipline Denim California King Convertible Sleeper Sofa ($1,000): This couch’s low design and plush ottoman help keep it comfortable for both Netflix nights or last-minute visitor drop-ins.
18. Knife and Saw Bike Shelf ($325): Secure extra storage for books, plants, and knickknacks while you keep your bike put up and out of the way.
19. Cortesi Home Convertible Accent Chair ($435): You can curl up in this chair with a good book on any lazy Sunday. And once you’re done, simply convert it into a day bed for a nice afternoon nap.
20. Offi MAG Side Table ($199): This table truly has the trifecta with a seat, side table, and laptop stand included all in one.
Additional reporting by Andrea Romano.
For more creative storage and furniture ideas, check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.