Transformer Chic: 15 Cool Pieces of Convertible Furniture
We always appreciate a piece of furniture that works double duty. Whether you’re making it work in a small space or live a life on the go and you never know where you’ll need to set up office, furniture is adapting into more intuitive, more flexible forms than your ancient futon could ever dream of. Prepare to be amazed at these 15 pieces of convertible furniture.
1. Indoor Table (price upon request): Made out of an old wooden door, this table seats eight but becomes a fully functional home office when unfolded.
3. Goliath Table (price upon request): This table extends from a console size of 17 inches to a dining size that will comfortably seat a dinner party of 10 people. We’re impressed.
4. Coffee Table ($800): This walnut coffee table literally stands up! By extending the legs the coffee table becomes the right height and size to comfortably seat six people for dinner.
5. Laptop Coffee Table ($1000): From couch potato to busy bee, this coffee table is perfect for anyone who dreams of working from their sofa.
6. Modern Murphy Bed (price upon request): Not only does this queen bed tuck inside the wall, it leaves behind an adorable couch!
7. Warhol Sofa: Perfect for a studio apartment or dorm room, this configuration provides you with a bed, a desk and multiple seating areas.
9. Convertible Sofa ($700): You shouldn’t have to give up beauty for the sake of functionality! We are loving the clean lines and turquoise color of this tufted couch.
10. Booken: If you’re not getting very far in your summer reading list, why not put your books to a more functional, horizontal use as a little console or desk.
11. The Cube (price upon request): From chair to lounger, stool to comfy desk this versatile piece of furniture will quickly become your favorite poolside equipment.
12. Convertible Sectional Sofa ($788): Ideal for miniature living rooms this awesome sofa has tons of secret storage space!
13. Sosia Sofa (price upon request): We’re a little bit in awe of this couch that reminds us of a plush fortune cookie.
14. Oturakast Stacking Stool (from $200): A fresh take on the stackable stool, the Oturakast does it all: The legs fold out to form a standalone unit that functions as a seat, foot stool, or nightstand and fold right back under to stack on other units and create a dresser.
Would you use convertible furniture in your home? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)