Meet the Real Crazy Eyes: 11 Ways to Get Uzo Aduba’s Style
As you are all probably aware of by now, Netflix’s Orange Is the New Black returned last weekend, and there’s one thing in particular we’d love to point out: Uzo Aduba, known on-screen as Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren, was made a series regular. Woot! And not only is she an amazing actress, but, after spotting her out ‘n’ about promoting the show the last couple weeks, we can also confirm that she’s a real-life fashionista with a closet we want to shop in stat. We figured you would too, so here are 11 affordable looks inspired by Uzo Aduba’s red carpet + par-tay style!
1. Heart and Solar System Dress ($75): There’s just something about the blue and black in this dress that seems solar system-esque, don’t you think? This Modcloth dress is probably one of the best galaxy prints we’ve ever seen.
2. Love Bandeau Dress With Pockets ($69): This dress is perfect because pastels are in! And oh my goodness it has pockets. That’s it, we’re buying it.
3. New Look Waffle Midi Skirt ($39): We have a feeling that black midi skirts are going to soon be considered a spring and summer staple. They’re all over fashion magazines and can be styled so many ways (as seen through the two ways above).
4. TFNC Mini Dress With Geo-Tribal Sequins ($105): This dress combines four popular trends: geometric prints, traditional prints, sequins and bodycon dresses. Believe it.
5. ASOS Geo Embellished Mini Dress ($77): Aduba showed up to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner looking hot, hot, hot in this shiny black number. Embellishments are all the rage.
6. ASOS ’60s Shift Dress ($54): This bright color is beautiful. It makes the dress stand out all on its own, making accessories seem frivolous.
7. Fated Fete Dress ($160): Black and white stripes are a common pattern, but this sleek fabric adds a whole ‘nother level of sophistication. This dress would be a great pick for black tie events!
8. ASOS Lace Skater Dress With High Neck ($29): A lace dress with a high neck may sound a little drab and old-timey, but Aduba shows us otherwise.
9. Zara Printed Blazer ($100): Printed suits are everywhere, and we can’t get enough. As we’ve said before, black and white is a pretty classic combo, so here’s a blazer that’ll be of use for years to come.
10. Monki Multicolor Leopard Print Dress ($58): Animal prints are always fun on their own, but Aduba proves that colors make them even better. That awesome hairdo only adds to the playfulness of this look!
11. AX Paris Skater Dress ($42): We think that LRD (little red dress) should be a thing. Seriously, how great is this dress?! We especially love the zipper around the waist.
Which of Uzo Aduba’s looks are your favorite? What star’s style do you want us to hack next? Let us know in the comments below!