25 New Breakfast Recipe Ideas to Mix Up Your Mornings
We know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but does that mean it’s always the most exciting? Definitely not. That’s why we’ve compiled 25 eye-opening ways to eat your favorite breakfast foods. We have recipe ideas for a healthy start, a sweet fix, and a solution for busy AF mornings. Leave the cereal in the cupboard and let the kitchen creativity flow.
1. Twice-Baked Sweet Potato Egg Boat: Roast up this twice-baked sweet potato egg boat that comes fully loaded with bacon and avocado, so you can be fueled for hours.
If you can actually make pancakes as fast as you can eat them, then you must have super powers. Instead, use a sheet pan to make one big pancake dotted with salty-sweet pieces of bacon. It’s handy for hosting brunches, too.
3. Hangover Fried Rice: When we’re really feeling it the morning after, we crave carbs, eggs, and something savory. This fried rice hits all of those notes and can use up your leftovers in the process.
Bring your hearty English breakfast on the go by wrapping it all up in a big tortilla. Serve with HP sauce instead of salsa and you’ll feel like you’re across the pond for sure.
5. Lemon Elderflower Waffles: Frozen waffles don’t stand a chance against these homemade elderflower and lemon waffles.
Instead of a heavy biscuit or muffin, snack on a couple of these cloud bread rounds before you head out the door. High in protein (they’re basically made from eggs and cream cheese), the addition of monk fruit sweetener and cinnamon make them taste like churros or snickerdoodle cookies.
7. Dulce De Leche Creme-Filled Churro Donuts: Donuts are a dessert food masquerading as breakfast. Treat yourself to a churro donut filled with dulce de leche paired with your morning cup of coffee and you’ll be riding that sugar high all day long.
Skip the coffee in favor of an adaptogen latte made with chicory and dates that allegedly will help your body heal from adrenal fatigue and anxiety.
Blend Bulletproof chocolate collagen protein powder with coffee and ice to fill your glass with an energizing smoothie that’ll have you running out the door in the morning.
Pop-Tarts and Toaster Strudels may think they have us fooled, but we all know they’re just pies in disguise. The charade is up when you bake a tray of these vegan apple hand pies, a much tastier solution.
Here’s proof that rosé pairs with everything, including your buttered breakfast toast.
If you’re tired of instant rolled oats in the morning, treat yourself to a bowl of nutty teff porridge instead. This pseudo-grain has a whopping 10 grams of protein for every one cup serving, leaving you ready to tackle whatever the day throws your way.
Popped amaranth adds a light whole-grain crunch to a bowl of creamy yogurt that’s topped with apples caramelized in piloncillo (an unrefined Mexican sugar) and cinnamon.
Hearty steel cut oats have more fiber than their rolled counterpart, so eat up in this savory preparation and you’ll feel full all the way to lunchtime.
Blood oranges can be hard to come by. When they’re in season, stock up and make yourself a sunny smoothie.
Not only does the potato crust make this quiche gluten-free, but also it also gives it more flavor than your traditional breakfast egg bake.
Heartburn got you down? Swap the acidic tomato sauce of a traditional shakshuka for tender, sautéed greens that act as a bed for a handful of eggs.
18. Bacon Egg Cheese Clouds: Whipped egg whites are folded with bacon, cheese, and herbs, then baked with the yolks in each middle for a breakfast that looks like the sun emerging from a cloud.
Egg white omelets don’t have to be boring. Whip them to fluffy peaks then use this technique. A topping of caviar never hurts, either.
20. Blue Majik Nice Cream Smoothie Bowls: Blue Majik spirulina powder gives this banana-based “nice” cream a bright color, while vanilla powder amps up the flavor. Pair with your favorite fresh fruits to make it extra Instagrammable.
If you’re low-carb but craving your bagel shop favorite, try this everything-spiced frittata, dolloped with cream cheese instead.
Fruit salad isn’t so plain after all. At least, not when following Chrissy Teigen’s recipe, which pairs fresh tropical fruit with coconut milk, lychees in syrup, and toasted coconut.
Eggs Benedict can be so messy but not so with this teensy version.
These cuties are easy to make and even easier to reheat and eat.
25. Paleo, Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins: Get the taste and satisfaction of blueberry muffins minus any of the guilt thanks to the addition of cassava flour and coconut sugar instead of the refined stuff.
- 15 Blueberry Breakfast Recipe Ideas That Beat Those April Shower ... ›
- 14 Healthy Breakfast Recipes for More Energetic Mornings - Brit + Co ›
- Easy Breakfast Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes - Brit + Co ›
- 25 New Breakfast Recipe Ideas to Mix Up Your Mornings - Brit + Co ›