If the four walls of your home are a little closer together than you’d like, you’ll need a compact solution to incorporate an office workspace into your pad. Whether you’re routinely working from home or just need a place to set down a book, these 17 wall-mounted desks are smart ways to save space. Storage space might be scant, so be sure to have some workspace organization tricks up your sleeve and seek creative solutions for extra space saving, like mounting floating shelves nearby. Plus most of these could be positioned at the proper height to make your very own standing desk.
1. LAX Series Wall Mounted Desk ($788): This desk is so roomy it could seat two. Or use this table space equipped with three cubby holes to assemble and store your DIY supplies!
2. Grindstone Drop Down Secretary Desk ($304): When it’s time to get to work or scrapbook, just unlatch the surface of this rustic desk and tackle whatever’s on today’s to-do list. While not at work, just close up shop to hide the mess. This desk made of salvaged barn wood can also be a shelf to hold a few small succulents.
3. Winsome Wood Bailey Leaning Wood Desk ($85): Use height to your advantage with this tall desk/shelf combo. Transform your entire wall space into a storage wonderland by stacking bookshelves with the same angular design and dark wooden finish shoulder to shoulder.
4. Wooden Mallet Fold-Away ($124): Did a briefcase just pop open on your wall? Nope, it’s just a super cute fold-away wall desk! It even has an inner pocket where you can store everything from files to photobooth pictures.
5. Ergo Writing Desk ($185): This ergonomic desk swings into action to create a temporary lightweight desk space. Soon to be the epicenter for epic doodling.
6. Diamond Floating Desk ($310): The perfect stow-away for all your art supplies, this desk has compartments to organize all your goods. The table folds up into a wall-mounted cabinet when not in use, ideal when you have limited floor space.
7. IKEA NORBO Drop-Leaf Bar Table ($100): Setting up your desk in the kitchen is a solid step toward productivity. Just imagine the multitasking you can accomplish.
8. Blue Dot Wonder Wall Writing Desk ($499): A wall desk for purists at heart. Can you believe that this simple shape can be such a handy fixture?
9. IKEA Hack Desk: Tweaking items to enhance their usefulness makes us happy, so we’re smiling at this simple wall desk hack using IKEA products. Since the shelves used in this DIY are no longer available, what would you repurpose to get a similar final workstation? (via IKEA Hackers)
10. Wood and Pipe DIY Desk: Turn a wooden countertop into a desk with modern angular supports! Keep the contrast between industrial and au naturel with concrete desk accessories to store good old-fashioned pencils. (via Simplified Building Concepts)
11. Hanging Wall Shelf ($43): This perfect rectangle opens into a sliding workstation complete with a small storage cubby. It works as a curio shelf, mail organizer, and low-profile desk to suit any need.
12. Prepac Floating Desk with Storage ($142): The office pod of the future! This wall-mounted unit’s curved side panels act as blinders preventing peeping Toms from invading your privacy.
13. Enitial Lab Modern Leaning Desk ($195): This curved leaning desk provides double the surface space with its “C” shape. We’d add some under-shelf lighting to keep your pages lit at any time of the day.
14. Orange22 Botanist Floating Wall Desk ($649): The arching desktop acts as a shelter for a full sliding workstation. Its curved design resembles the hood of a classic car.
15. Southern Enterprises Fold-Out Convertible Desk ($120): Surprise! This unassuming hinged cabinet unfolds into a full table and organization space! It would work wonders to create an eating surface in a small kitchen too.
16. DIY Standing Desk: This DIY standing desk uses a basic white painted board to camouflage unsightly computer cords on their way to the power outlets. If you’re looking for a more colorful solution, try wrapping them with neon embroidery floss! (via Shelterness)
17. Prepac Designer Floating Desk ($111): This stable work surface looks a bit more like a traditional desk but still floats about a foot off the ground. There’s also a rear compartment to hide cords and and wires.
Looking for more small-space storage solutions? Follow us on Pinterest @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.