If the four walls of your home are a little closer together than you’d like, you’ll need a compact solution to incorporate an office workspace into your pad. Whether you’re routinely working from home or just need a place to set down a book, these 21 wall-mounted desks are the answer you’ve been looking for. Be sure to have some workspace organization tricks up your sleeve and seek creative solutions for extra space saving, like mounting floating shelves nearby. Added bonus: Most of these could be positioned at the proper height to make your very own standing desk!
1. LAX Series Wall Mounted Desk ($788): This desk is so roomy it could seat two.
2. Grindstone Drop Down Secretary Desk ($319): When it’s time to get to work or scrapbook, just unlatch the surface of this rustic desk and tackle whatever’s on today’s to-do list. Then close up shop to hide the mess.
3. Winsome Wood Bailey Leaning Wood Desk with Shelves ($100+): Use height to your advantage with this tall desk/shelf combo. Transform your entire wall space into a storage wonderland by stacking bookshelves with the same angular design and dark wooden finish shoulder to shoulder.
4. Wooden Mallet Fold-Away ($132+): Did a briefcase just pop open on your wall? Nope, it’s just a super cute foldaway wall desk! It even has an inner pocket where you can store everything from files to photobooth pictures.
5. Ergo Writing Fold Up Desk ($188): This ergonomic desk swings into action to create a temporary lightweight desk space, soon to be the epicenter for epic doodling.
6. Diamond Floating Desk ($310): The perfect stow-away for all your art supplies, this desk has compartments to organize all your goods.
7. Urbansize Floating Beech Desk ($324): When you’ve got a small space, clean lines and a lean footprint are just as important as wall-mounting.
8. Standing Desks: This DIY is modern, space-saving, and perfect for a home office space OR two kids doing homework side by side. Who knew a couple of raw planks of plywood could look so design-savvy? (via A Beautiful Mess)
9. Wood and Pipe DIY Desk: Turn a wooden countertop into a desk with modern angular supports. Keep the contrast between industrial and all-natural by using concrete desk accessories to store good old-fashioned pencils. (via Simplified Building Concepts)
10. Hanging Wall Shelf ($50): This perfect rectangle opens into a sliding workstation complete with a small storage cubby. It works as a curio shelf, mail organizer, and low-profile desk to suit any need.
11. Prepac Floating Desk with Storage ($116): The office pod of the future! This wall-mounted unit’s curved side panels act as blinders preventing Peeping Toms from invading your privacy.
12. Orange22 Botanist Floating Wall Desk ($649): The arching desktop acts as a shelter for a full sliding workstation, and its curved design resembles the hood of a classic car.
13. Southern Enterprises Fold-Out Convertible Desk ($123): Surprise! This unassuming hinged cabinet unfolds into a full table and organization space. It would work wonders to create an eating surface in a small kitchen too.
14. DIY Standing Desk: This DIY standing desk uses a basic white painted board to camouflage unsightly computer cords on their way to the power outlets. If you’re looking for a more colorful solution, try wrapping them with neon embroidery floss! (via Shelterness)
15. Prepac Designer Floating Desk ($135): This stable work surface looks like a traditional desk but still floats about a foot off the ground. There’s also a rear compartment to hide cords and and wires.
16. Williston Forge Dickert Floating Desk ($790): The industrial vibe brought to this floating desk by its stainless steel rigging hardware is so cool, right?
17. Latitude Run Gwen Corner Floating Desk ($182): When you’ve got no place to put a desk in your pad, the answer might be right in front of you. Go for the corners!
18. DIY Mid-Century Desk Wall Unit: Create a homey feel to your fave office space with modern floating shelves offset by your favorite eclectic accents. (via Old Brand New)
19. Sawyer White Leaning Desk ($437): You can get this functional-meets-stylish leaning desk with bookending bookcases to organize your space in an organized and understated way.
20. DIY Plywood Kid’s Desk: Build out an IKEA storage system with your own matching DIYed plywood desk that blends right into the wall unit. (via Growing Spaces)
21. Orren Ellis Chaves Wall Mount Corner Desk ($190): This option is the best of all worlds: ample shelving space and a wraparound writing surface that gives you plenty of room to work.
Looking for more small-space storage solutions? Follow us on Pinterest @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.