19 Modern Wall Sconces for Ultimate Home Illumination
Some claim there’s a bad-lighting epidemic in America. We think that’s a bit extreme, but if you’re working on detailed projects or just reading the Twilight series for the fifth time, you need a fine light to accompany your endeavors. We’ve already shown you the best of the bunch when it comes to table lamps, and now we’re showing you the most awesome in wall illumination.
2. Recycled Lamp ($295): Drink your fair share of St. Germain? Well, put that empty bottle to use. Make a light out of it. Or just buy one already made for you!
3. Strung ($1,175): These are kind of like permanent Italian party lights. Obviously we like that. Oh, but then we flipped the price tag over and stopped liking them quite so much.
4. Retro Reading Lamp ($150): Mmm hmm, mmm hmm, we’ve shown you the tabletop version of these little lookers. Remember them? The ones made by the music producer in Minnesota. Well, seems like he’s lighting up more than the studio these days.
7. Superordinate Antlers ($306): You know… for your English hunting lodge.
8. Angler ($24): Like to wet a line from time to time? This is the light you’ll want hanging over you when you go to sleep every night and dream of catching the big one.
9. Cellula ($677): Mini chandeliers! Everywhere!
10. Oval Bulkhead ($336): Well ahoy there, matey. This would be perfect for your nautical getaway. Or your houseboat. Or just your regular house where you dream of living the life aquatic.
11. Modo ($765): If your house is bedecked in J. Adler from head to toe, you and these lovely little wall bubbles will make fast friends.
12. Eyeball ($29): This baby is on backorder for a reason. It is beautiful. And if you can hold out until the end of May, you can have it too. Put your order in now.
13. Glo Ball ($208): Will its understated simplicity garner loads of attention? Oh, you know it will.
14. Ribbed Glass Shade ($1,143): You still haven’t redone your bathroom in subway tile yet?! Well good, because you’re going to want to work these into the remodel as well.
17. Colored Wall Sconce ($65): You know we love these pops of color, and we especially love them all hung together. Is it worth the blinding glow they’ll create once you flip the switch. We think so, yes.
18. Mid Century Modern ($159): You’ve probably seen a wall light similar to this one. The difference being that this one has a clear globe rather than a white globe. Huge difference. Like massive.
19. Industrial ($49): We like the color, but we mostly like the striped cord with the integrated switch, so we don’t have to stand up and flip the switch when our Clapper is failing to perform.
Are you flipping the switch with flair? Light it up in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)