Summer Salad Remix: Watermelon Mozzarella Ceviche
Summer is comin' in hot, so we've decided to cool down with fresh salads this week. Watermelon is in its prime during the summer months and perfect for cooling down after a day at the beach. We remixed ceviche, used a ton of juicy watermelon, fresh mozzarella and some herbs for this perfect summer treat. There's something super addictive about sweet watermelon with a little salt. For another savory watermelon goodie, be sure to check out our watermelon haloumi grilled cheese bites as well!
– 2 cups diced watermelon (seedless)
– 2 cups diced mozzarella
– 2 tablespoons fresh mint
– 1 tablespoon garlic chives (substitute 1 tablespoon regular chives and 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
– 2 teaspoons kosher salt
– optional: 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
The ingredients for this are pretty straightforward. We recommend small watermelons as they are way easier to handle.
1. Cut the watermelon into one inch thick pieces. Do this by cutting horizontally, then quarter the piece. Remove rind. We aimed to make one inch cubes. Slice the watermelon vertically, the horizontally. Set aside.
2. Next, dice the mozzarella into cubes. Slice vertically and then horizontally, just like with the watermelon.
3. Wash and pat dry the herbs. Remove the mint leaves from the stem, and mince the mint and chives.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine diced watermelon, mozzarella cubes, herbs and salt. Optional: Add balsamic vinegar if you like.
5. Serve in a bowl!
This is a great dish for summer parties! It’s light and refreshing, perfect for the beach. We love watermelon ceviche all by itself, but it’s great served with tortilla chips or on top of some greens.
What are your favorite refreshing summer dishes? Find more recipe inspo on our Pinterest page!