There’s no denying that watermelon is the unofficial fruit of summer. It’s good cut into chunks, sliced, frozen into ice cubes, and even charred on a piping hot grill. What’s more, it’s so refreshing it can *instantly* cool you down on those long summer days. But, lucky for all of us, they’re more versatile than they’re given credit for. Read on for 15 creative watermelon dessert recipes that will keep your body hydrated and your sweet tooth satisfied all season long.
2. Watermelon Fruit Leathers: Roll up your childhood memories in one healthy recipe. These natural fruit leathers are made with dehydrated fruit and your sweetener of choice. (via Domestically Beautiful)
3. Watermelon Salsa With Cinnamon Tortilla Chips: Chips and dip got a sweet upgrade with this recipe. It’s tasty enough for kids, but the mint and lime combo make it more than suitable for adults. (via Frugal Mom Eh!)
4. Watermelon and Mint Granita: Pull this recipe out for those sweltering days when you want an icy treat, but also want to be healthy. It’s made perfect thanks to the melon’s natural juices and fresh herbs. (via I Just Make Sandwiches)
5. Fresh and Fruity Watermelon Cake: Looking for a healthier alternative to a birthday cake? Slice up a watermelon, grab some dairy-free yogurt, fresh fruit, and sliced almonds, and you’re on your way to a tasty vegan treat. (via Go Dairy Free)
6. Salted Watermelon Sherbet Bars: This three-layer cake is perfect for the community pool party or barbecue. The dreamy dessert is made with crushed waffle cones and homemade whipped cream. YUM! (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
7. Vegetarian Watermelon Jell-O: Ditch the box and dive into this healthy Jell-O, which is made with plant extract. It’s still the great taste you know and love with less of what you don’t. (via Archana’s Kitchen)
11. Creamy Watermelon Coconut Milkshake: We’ve never had a watermelon milkshake, but this recipe has us in the mood for one ASAP. If the unique combination isn’t enough, it’s also made with chocolate. (via Cook Nourish Bliss)
13. No Bake Watermelon Cupcakes: Trying to win over a crowd? Top the ultimate summer fruit with some whipped cream and berries for a portable snack that will keep them afloat the entire pool day. (via Carolina Girl Cooks)
14. Grilled Watermelon: Glaze and grills are stepping into new territory this summer, and you’re going to *love* it. The watermelon steaks are cooked with a sweet and spicy seasoning that is out of this world. (via The Kitchn)
15. Honey Drizzled Watermelon and Yogurt Parfait: Two things you can never go wrong with — watermelon and Greek yogurt — come together together in this ultra-light dessert. For added sweetness, just add honey. (via Hungry Couple)
For more summer desserts, follow us on Pinterest!