How to Turn a Watermelon into a Drink Dispenser
– 1 watermelon
– 1 spigot kit
– punch! (we created a cocktail of watermelon juice, strawberries, vodka, and champagne)
It's probably good to find a watermelon that can stand up on it's own. This isn't essential as you can use a bowl as a stand, but it helps.
1. Cut off the top of the watermelon. This will serve as your lid.
Now it's time to start scooping!
2. Scoop all the watermelon out and set aside in a bowl. Pour out any excess liquid after you're done scooping.
3. Grab your spigot! Hold it up to the watermelon to measure the size hole you'll need. Use a knife to cut a hole that's slightly smaller than the spigot and then press it into your watermelon to test the size. Next, add a rubber ring. Place the spigot in and fasten it with a metal ring on the other side. Most of these pieces should come in a standard spigot kit, but any employee at a hardware store will know what you need. Test your new drink dispenser by filling it with water.
Now, time to make some punch!
4. We combined watermelon, champagne, strawberries, and vodka in 3 rounds in the blender. Strain out the pulp.
5. Pour into the watermelon, and voila! A delicious new way to serve a yummy summer cocktail.
What kind of punch would you serve in a watermelon drink dispenser? Let us know on Twitter!
This post has been updated.
- 20 Crazy Oreo Flavors Ranked from Worst to Best - Brit + Co ›
- 17 Beyond-Basic Watermelon Recipes You Need This Summer - Brit ... ›
- Essential Summer Watermelon Radish Salad Recipe - Brit + Co ›
- 22 *Really* Refreshing Watermelon Desserts to Last You All ... ›
- 25 Ways to Win With Watermelon - Brit + Co ›
- Summer Comfort Food: Watermelon Grilled Cheese Bites - Brit + Co ›
- 4 Reasons to Welcome Watermelon to Your Skincare Routine - Brit ... ›
- How to Make Frozen Watermelon Mint Margaritas - Brit + Co ›
- Spike Your Sweets: Watermelon Margarita Poptails - Brit + Co ›