5 Ways to Decorate Your Eggs + 5 Ways to Cook ‘Em for Easter
What would Easter be without pretty pastels, bushy-tailed bunnies and dozens upon dozens of eggs? Well, that wouldn’t be Easter at all ;) That’s why when the folks at The Incredible Edible Egg asked us to round up our favorite ways to decorate with eggs and cook with them, we were more than happy to oblige.
Not only are eggs the perfect canvas for dye, but they happen to be a powerhouse when it comes to nutrition. Just one egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids, all for just 70 calories. We’ve combed through the Brit + Co archive and found five eggstraordinary egg decorating ideas along with 5 eggcellent recipes for Easter brunch. Enjoy!
5 Eggstraordinary Decorating Ideas
2. Glitter-Dipped Easter Eggs: You know we love us some glitter. For this decorating idea, we chose three colors of glitter (silver, blue and teal) and dipped a batch of eggs. This is a quick and easy way to add a lot of color to any Easter celebration.
3. So Eggcited Easter Centerpiece: How fun is this? Not only is it punny as ever, but it makes a picture perfect centerpiece.
4. Tattoo Your Eggs: That’s right — it’s time to ink those eggs. Because of the porous nature of egg shells, you can actually transfer temporary tattoos onto them just like your skin! We found a mix of insects, superheroes and dinosaurs for this batch.
Now that you’re set in the decorating department, let’s use up those hard boiled or blown-out eggs for Easter brunch. And if you still haven’t perfect the art of hard boiling, check out The Incredible Edible Egg’s foolproof guide.
1. Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pizza: Who doesn’t love pizza for breakfast? And guess what? This pie is gluten-free! For real.
5 Eggcellent Recipe Ideas
2. Savory Spinach Strata: First off, what is strata? It’s a make-ahead breakfast dish that resembles a casserole crossed with a savory bread pudding. Change it up by trading kale for spinach, adding in bacon or throwing a few more types of cheese into the mix.
4. Edible Floral Cake: How do we like our eggs? In a cake — even better if that cake ends up being covered in incredible, edible spring flowers.
5. Egg Tarts: Inspired by one of our favorite dim sum dishes, egg tarts, we created our own version that’s perfect for snacking on after a long day of egg hunting.