20 Ways to Cook (AND Clean!) With Lemons
When life hands you lemons, the question should be what can’t you do with ’em? The versatile citrus can star in anything from recipes to DIY cleaning products and beauty regimens, an impressive feat. Scroll through these 20 sweet ways to use lemons, and be sure to share your favorites with us!
1. Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes: Underneath a shock of purple blueberry-cream-cheese frosting is a hidden pocket of lemon curd surrounded by tender, poppyseed-flecked lemon cake. (via Adventures in Cooking)
2. Lemon Chicken Romano: Coated in a crispy panko-Romano crust then topped with more cheese and baked, these chicken cutlets feature a combo of Greek and Italian flavors that are an outstanding dinner selection. (via Cooking Classy)
4. DIY Flavored Extracts: Make your very own, naturally flavored extracts to enhance all of your baking projects or to give as a thoughtful (and inexpensive) gift for your favorite foodie. (via Just Putzing)
10. Lemony Orzo Pasta Salad With Cucumber and Feta: Enjoy this refreshing, bright-flavored pasta salad alongside a burger, grilled fish, chicken or an endless array of other options. (via Fork, Knife, Swoon)
11. Lemon Sorbet + Italian Lemon Ice: Serving homemade lemon sorbet or lemon ice in a hollowed out piece of fruit is at once a stunning and crafty presentation. (via My Fudo)
14. Kale Salad With Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette: Enjoy this kale salad, dressed with an outstanding vinaigrette featuring slightly floral orangey Meyer lemons, for lunch or as a light Meatless Monday dinner. (via Damn Delicious)
18. Chipotle Salmon Burgers With Lemon-Chive Mayo: It only takes a couple of minutes to transform salmon fillets into delicious patties with a hint of smoke and spice. A slick of mayo enhanced by chives and a squeeze of lemon juice is the only adornment they need. (via The Seaside Baker)
When life hands you lemons, what do you make? Let’s talk all about this tart citrus in the comments!