Cozy After-Thanksgiving Dinner Clothes You Won’t Want to Take Off
After polishing off that last piece of pumpkin pie, the couch starts to look pretty prime — and so do a pair of sweats. But if company is sticking around for a little post-dinner bonding, slipping into your not-so-Sunday best just isn’t going to fly. That doesn’t mean you have to kick it in uncomfortable duds until your guests hit the road, however. Super cozy and crazy chic, these pieces make for the ultimate costume change.
jumpsuit, and post-Thanksgiving dinner is no exception. Soft fabric and an elastic waist make this onesie the picture of comfort, while a crossover neckline and cropped silhouette take the style factor up a notch. Keep rockin’ those baubles from earlier on in the day for a standout look.
2. Urban Renewal Remade Velvet Flare Pant ($69): Made with soft, stretchy fabric that also happens to be incredibly of-the-moment, these olive flares will keep your laid-back look on lock. Rock it with an oversized sweater and pointed-toe slide-on flats.
3. J.Crew Collection Italian Stretch Turtleneck Sweater ($228): Whether you’re feasting with family or hangin’ with friends, take along a bright chunky knit to toss on after dinner. Even if you can’t do a complete costume change, it’ll totally channel those much-needed cozy vibes.
4. Steve J & Yoni P Embroidered Sweatshirt ($275): If you opt for a sweatshirt, make sure it’s one that screams stylista rather than sloppy. High necklines, embellishments and bold color should do the trick.
5. Banana Republic Foulard Wide Leg Silk Pant ($98): PJ-inspired pants that feel runway ready, these silk bottoms are effortlessly on point. Pair them up with a pretty, yet laid-back blouse or a warm knit.
sweater dresses would become your hero piece this season, we weren’t lying. Simply throw it on and bask in all the awesomeness of your post-dinner style strategy.
leggings will do for the occasion; they need not only to be snuggly, but statement-making too. The perfect pair? This grid-check number right here. Rock ’em with a long cardigan and simple tee.
9. & Other Stories Cable Knit Sweater ($130): Metallic accents and eye-catching embellishments are essential to giving those relaxed pieces an elevated feel. With this gilded number, you’ll be kickin’ it all cozy-like without compromising on your haute sartorial status.
10. Talula Solebay T-Shirt ($50): Instead of your standard tee, throw on a trapeze turtleneck tee for just the right balance of polish, panache and, of course, warmth.
11. Two by Vince Camuto Zip Pocket Jogger Pants ($99): Equal parts elegant and edgy, these soft, slouchy joggers allow you to relax in style. Pair them with an embellished sweatshirt or silky pajama top.
12. Wilfred Free Lambert Sweater ($145): Cozy up to the fire for post-dinner drinks in an Italian wool kimono that screams chic. It’ll be killer layered on top of your daytime duds, silky joggers or leather-look leggings.
13. Kimchi Blue Everyday Surplice Sweater ($69): Loose and relaxed with a plunging neckline, this pale pink piece serves up a healthy dose of sexy, feminine and boho vibes. Pair it with a bandeau if you’re feeling daring or a lace-trimmed cami if you’re looking for a little more coverage.
14. Topshop Two-Tone Ribbed Pants ($68): Knit pants are basically the best thing ever. Combining both an on-trend flared silhouette and soft, ribbed fabric, these will quickly become your go-to for all those post-holiday get-togethers.
15. ASOS Midi Cape Cardigan ($63): Classic cardigans might get a bad rep for being, well, stiff, but this midi number is anything but. The oversized silhouette has fashion-forward written all over it and looks bomb paired with next-level leggings and track pants.
16. Madewell Striped Sleep Leggings ($60): Lounge-friendly sweatpants perfect for lazying about, these striped numbers feel put-together when paired with cable-knit tunics and soft sweater dresses.
that much better.
18. ASOS Knit Tunic with Cut Out V-Neck ($63): Simple, yet impactful, this wool knit makes stylish, laid-back dressing a cinch. Layer it over a turtleneck tee for an added layer of warmth or rock it solo with standout leggings and boyfriend jeans.
19. Everlane Chunky Wool Cardigan Coat ($165): Stylish enough to wear during dinner, this luxe knit transitions well to relaxed fit jeans, wooly socks and a simple tee.
20. Just Female Knitty Griddy Sweater ($200): Channel some serious fall vibes in a buffalo check sweater in fluffy wool mix fabric. Style it with slim-fit sweats and shearling-lined moccasins.
21. BDG Hardy Relaxed Pant ($59): Like your favorite pair of denim, only better, these relaxed, stretchy bottoms are both cool and comfortable.