15 Dresses to Wear to a Winter Wedding
Heading to a romantic wedding is the perfect reason to pick yourself right on up out of that winter fashion slump. Sweaters and coats might rule your everyday wear, but obviously an occasion like this calls for something a little more formal. Thus we arrive at our annual dilemma: how do we both dress cute and avoid freezing to death? It can be done. After you tape that save the date to your fridge, take a look at these winter-ready dresses that are perfect for the chilly months.
1. Floral Applique Two Piece Dress Set ($129): Talk about cozy chic. This two-piece definitely proves you CAN wear a sweatshirt to a wedding. Rock this with flirty makeup and fun heels and be the trendiest gal at the whole ceremony – except for the bride, of course.
2. Pot Pourri Lace Dress ($250): Brighten up that dreary winter weather in this dress that’s classic, girly and complete with three quarter-length sleeves.
3. Slinky Open Back Dress ($35): For a budget-friendly piece that you can dress up or down, this LBD is a definite must-have.
4. Volume Midi Dress ($80): Give off the feel of the oh-so-trendy matching separates look without actually having to commit. This dress looks like two pieces in the front, with a surprise reveal in the back.
5. Academy Dress ($168): Well hello, Miss Glam. Totally go for it in this Studio 54–inspired sequined gown by rocking it with platforms and a fuzzy jacket, or tone it down a bit in a pair of classic black pumps.
6. Sequined Kimono Maxi ($161): If the amount of sparkle in the Academy dress is just a little too much, rock this piece that still has some shine but in a much more subdued color.
7. Super Plunge Drape Maxi ($91): Go with that ultra low-cut neckline we’ve been seeing all over the red carpet in this marsala maxi. Although, since there will likely be some Grandmas in attendance, we do suggest sticking on some Hollywood tape to make sure there aren’t any embarrassing slips.
8. Crocus Silk Maxi ($198): Give that classic floral dress a moody makeover in this black and violet dress made out of super smooth silk.
9. Sassy to See Dress ($55): Keep it clean and simple, but still a little sexy in this eye-catching body-con number.
10. Kelly Velvet Maxi ($174): Nothing says winter like a little (or a lot of) velvet. Pair the luxe fabric with this jewel-toned shade of green and you’ve got the ultimate cold weather occasion dress.
11. Mesh Insert Fit And Flare Midi ($104): Here’s a piece that’s an instant classic. Wear it for a wedding next month and then again 10 years later to a black tie event.
12. Isolde Sweaterknit Maxi ($298): For a ceremony that’s more of a low-key affair, go for a super cozy option and rock this maxi made from sweater material. If you’re feeling like it might not be fancy enough, pop on some red lips, heels and an elegant updo and you’ll be good to go.
13. Oriental Bloom Dress ($109): We’re getting some serious Julia Roberts a la Notting Hill vibes from this piece, and that’s by no means a bad thing. Channel your inner ’90s glam child and sport this Oriental-inspired number while you dance the night away.
14. Scalloped Hem Dress ($140): Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can’t show some leg. Pop some semi-sheer tights under this jewel-toned jem (which comes in sizes 8-28) or brave the cold for the sake of fashion.
15. Light Up the Room Maxi Dress ($60): If you can’t decide between a maxi or a shorter dress, get the best of both worlds in this gray gown that offers an even mix.
Are you headed to a wedding this winter? What are you planning on wearing to the event? Share a link with us in the comments below.