10 Winter Wonderlands Around the World That Are Warming Our Hearts
Call us total saps, but we really believe there is nothing better than a good old-fashioned snow day to make you feel all cozy inside. And thanks to Instagram, we can take a virtual tour around the world’s winter wonderlands as captured by some pretty incredible photographers. Whether it’s a city street, mountaintop, or even a fairytale castle, these snow-covered destinations are all worth an IRL visit. But if you can’t make it this winter, cuddle up on the couch with a mug of cocoa, a crackling fire, and a good Hallmark movie (or two) and enjoy these snowy scenes from around the world right from the comfort of your sofa.
1. Alford, Scotland: Beautiful (and millennial pink!) Craigievar Castle in Alford, Scotland, is said to be the inspiration for Disney’s Cinderella Castle.
2. Somerset, England: Twenty-four-year-old blogger/Instagrammer Mona of Monalogue happened upon this cozy cottage in Somerset that looks suspiciously like the home in one of our favorite Christmas flicks, The Holiday. (Right? We definitely think so.)
3. Quebec City, Quebec: Digital artist and urban photographer Emmanuel Coveney has been sleighing his Insta (pun intended) with gorgeous shots of his home city of Quebec.
4. Adelboden, Switzerland: Ski vacation to the Swiss Alps? Yes, please! Photographer Christina Tan gets credit for capturing this charming snow-capped village in Switzerland.
5. Paris, France: There is something magical about Paris in winter, especially as captured here by travel photographer Mary Quincy.
6. Kennebunk, Maine: “Who else favors the start of a #pinkbarn trend?” posits photographer Jackie Greaney, who captured this pretty-in-pink stunner in Maine last year. Um, we do!
8. Vienna, Austria: How gorgeous is this shot of Vienna’s city center shot by Raresh of me_and_mango?
9. Warsaw, Poland: Traveler and photographer Gregory Kom of momentsofgregory found this beautiful shot in Warsaw’s 13th-century Old Town neighborhood.
10. Laax, Switzerland: The snowy slopes of Laax, Switzerland, were captured by photographer Marja of Marjamatkalla.
Want more winter travel planning inspo? Check out Brit+Co’s Wanderlust board on Pinterest.
(Featured photo via @monologue)