We don’t know about you, but we hate ironing—unless of course it’s to iron on a stencil or pattern. So we’re forever on the look out for tips, tricks, and products that will make removing wrinkles from our clothing just a little bit easier. Here are a few of our favorite ideas. Tell us your best tricks in the comments.
1. Hedgehog Dryer Buddies ($8): These little guys will help you dryer work more efficiently and replace dryer sheets. They will keep clothes from balling up in the dryer and actually drying wrinkled. Plus, how cute are their little faces?
2. Aluminum Foil: Did you know you can use aluminum foil in place of a dryer sheet? Crumple a piece into a ball and toss it into your dryer with your wet clothes. (image via Green Idea Reviews)
3. Crease Release ($8): This wrinkle release spray will have your clothes crease-free in no time with just a few spritzes. We’d recommend three bottles: one in your closet to spray any clothes that need it before you get dressed, one at your office so you can prep before a big meeting (or big date!), and one in your suitcase so you don’t have to worry about knowing how to work the iron in the room at your hotel.
4. DIY Wrinkle Spray: If you don’t want to shell out money for a pre-made wrinkle spray, and you already use fabric softener, try this trick to make your own. Combine one cup of water with one teaspoon to one tablespoon of liquid fabric softener (you’ll have to experiment to get the right ratio for your brand of fabric softener), in a spray bottle. Shake well and then spray on your clothing. We’d recommend looking for one that has minimal dyes and scents, just to be on the safe side. (via Northern Cheapskate)
5. Hair Straightener: This is one of our favorite tried-and-true home hacks. A flat iron can easily touch up collars, cuffs, button plackets, and the occasional pleated hem with ease. Plus, you’ve already got it on to fix your hair, it’s an easy thing to add to your morning routine.
6. Damp Washcloth: We don’t know about you, but we’re forever forgetting our clothes in the dryer overnight. (Those of you that go to the laundromat, this is one problem you likely don’t have!) Which means we wake up with wrinkled clothes the next morning. A quick fix is to dampen a washcloth or dish towel in the sink, toss it in with your clothes, and then turn on the dryer for about 10 to 15 minutes. You’ll steam out your clothes and say goodbye to wrinkles. (image via Power Efficiency Corporation)
7. Arion Clothing Ironing System: Okay this one is just a concept, but we’d love to see it actually come to life. The Arion is basically a heater, that inflates a balloon inside your clothes—pressing it out into the shape it should be. The combination of hot air and pressure removes wrinkles. Genius! What’s even better is that it can be used as a space heater or fan as well. (via Tuvie)
What’s your best wrinkle-removal trick for your clothes? Tell us in the comments!