In case you haven’t heard, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you best make it a delicious occasion. We’ve shared recipes for gluten-free tropical pancakes and a bunch of hacks on oatmeal in the past, and now we’re back with yummy yogurt mixings to help you break out of that breakfast rut. From the light and fruity to the dangerously decadent, these easy yogurt recipes are sure to brighten your morning and energize you for the day ahead.
1. Raspberries, Graham Crackers and Pecans: You got your fruit, you got your nuts and you got a little taste of nostalgia with those honey-sweetened schoolyard crackers. (via PopSugar)
2. Peaches, Pecans and Brown Sugar: This combo is basically like adding peach pie to your yogurt. Winning! (via Top with Cinnamon)
3. Kiwi and Blood Orange: Kiwi + blood orange is a light and bright topping that’ll add a pop of color to your morning yogurt. (via The Bounty Hunter)
4. Maple Syrup, Candied Citrus Peel and Chili: We know, we know — adding chili to your yogurt sounds like a weird idea. But there’s no better way to wake up those tastebuds than with some maple syrup and a little heat. (via Foodie Hunter)
5. Pomegranate Seeds and Date Sauce: Think of pomegranate seeds as nature’s pop rocks. Just add in some date sauce, and you’ve got a rich and fruity morning snack. (via Juls’ Kitchen)
6. Pineapple and Shaved Coconut: Ever wake up craving a piña colada (and a vacation)? Cut the craving and sail away via this tropical mix. (via Pineapple + Coconut)
7. Strawberries, Chia Seeds and Flaxseed Oil: Strawberries are a pretty standard yogurt topping, but add in chia seeds and that daily teaspoon of flax oil and you’ll certainly be starting your day off on the right foot. That foot being the healthful foot. (via Convivial)
8. Cherries, Dark Chocolate Chips and Almonds: Candy in your yogurt is always a good idea, especially when it’s dark chocolate. (via PopSugar)
9. Peanut Butter, Honey and Graham Crackers: If you weren’t feeling nostalgic after the raspberry graham cracker combo, you’ll certainly feel it after this feel-good concoction. (via The Kitchn)
10. Peanut Butter, Vanilla Extract, Sea Salt, Chocolate Chips and Maple Syrup: This recipe basically makes your yogurt taste like cookie dough. You’re welcome. (via Sweetest Kitchen)
11. Cake: Sometimes we all need some leftover cake for breakfast because… we just do. Break that cake into pieces and mix it in there already! (via Family Fresh Cooking)
What yummy mix-ins are you adding to your morning yogurt? Share them with us in the comments!