With a cold front sweeping across the country, it’s time to start thinking about how to stay warm this winter! The thing we love most about winter is being able to break out snuggly accessories like winter hats, fuzzy slippers, scarves, and knit gloves. Here are 20 accessories you can cozy up with, without losing any style points.
1. DIY Pearl Gloves Here is a great way to style old gloves and make them new again! We also love how the pearls dress them up a bit. (via Kittenhood)
2. Knit Slippers Slippers are a must in the winter. We love these cobalt blue handmade slippers by Lizzie from Good Knits. (via goodknits)
3. Faux Fur Winter Hat We are loving the Faux Fur Winter Hats we keep seeing. Would you believe this is an IKEA hack? (via Kristi Murphy)
4. Upgraded Leather Gloves Leather gloves are fabulous on their own, but adding a touch of herringbone fabric on the ends can really kick them up a notch. I love how these turned out. (via Brit + Co.)
5. Pom Pom Cowl We love how chic this pom pom cowl looks. An added bonus is it will keep you warm all winter long. (via The Purl Bee)
6. Tartan Buttons We love how an old skirt was used to make these tartan buttons. Plaid is back in full effect and we are loving it! (via Fall For DIY)
7. Long Striped Gloves An old Zara dress gone gloves, these striped numbers are just the thing for cold winter nights! And stripes are totally on trend right now. (via Born In ’82)
8. No Sew Circle Scarf Although sewing isn’t out of the question around here at Brit + Co., who doesn’t love a good no-sew DIY? That’s always a plus. Here is how to turn your old sweaters into a no-sew scarf! (via Brit + Co.)
9. Pretty Bow Ear Warmers We think these ear warmers are just darlin’ don’t you? That big bow will add a big impact to any winter outfit! (via Delia Creates)
10. Winter Skirt What do you do with an old sweater? Well, you make it into an adorable knit skirt. (via Fashion Blog)
11. Vintage Faux Fur Collar May we suggest the skirt above with this coat and collar? This collar adds a pop to any winter outfit. And faux fur is so hot right now! (via Clones N Clowns)
12. Snowy Day Hat How adorable is Kate in this DIY snowy day hat? This hat gives you that effortless look that we just love. (via See Kate Sew)
13. Glamour Gloves If you like your gloves then you should put a ring on them! Give your gloves a makeover with some old jewelry you have laying around. (via Little Miss Momma)
14. Chanel-Inspired Cut Out Gloves Leather gloves done right are a great fashion statement. We are loving these Chanel-inspired DIY cut out gloves. They are definitely done right! (via All The Good Girls Go To Heaven)
15. Faux Fur Clutch This faux fur clutch is a lot easier to make than you may think. Think faux fur strips of fabric glued onto a zippered pouch … and voila! (via Meredith and Gwyneth, The New Yorkie)
16. Knit Hat The way [SR] Trends does this knit hat via an old sweater is just down right easy. We love this pop of color for winter too since things can get so drab outside! (via [SR] Trends)
17. Felt Slippers We love the thought that these are probably the lightest slippers you’ve ever felt ;-). We heart these and hope you do too! (via Martha Stewart)
18. Felted Sweater Bangles A cozy accessory on your wrist … a totally unique and fabulous idea. We love these super soft and subtle colors too. (via Mrs. Polly Rogers)
19. Crochet Beanie This is not your grandmother’s crochet project! This beanie is totally cute and “urban” as Tanya from Little Things Blogged calls it. (via Little Things Blogged)
20. One Beanie, Five Ways: And finally, one more beanie… or should we say five? From pom poms to cat ears to gems, we’ve got a five-minute DIY project with your name on it. (via Brit + Co.)
You better get to work! Looks like you have a lot of crafting to do this winter!
What DIY winter accessories have you bookmarked or made? Talk to us in the comments below.