Bedtime makes for the best-laid plans: You hit the pillow vowing to wake up early, hit the gym and start the day right. But then the next morning the alarm goes off and your first thought is: “Just 10 more minutes.” Which quickly turns into 10 more, and then 10 more. If you’re having trouble nailing an Instagram-worthy morning routine, it might be time for a significant change-up. There are lots of pros to morning exercise you’re missing out on when you’re hiding under your covers, and it might just be a matter of finding the routine that works for you and sticking to it. Here are seven morning workouts to try this week — yep, one for every day. This is your morning workout crash-course!
1. 7-Minute Morning Workout in Pyjamas: We’re starting your first day easy, with a routine you can literally roll out of bed and do. If you can’t even handle a workout in your PJs, you should just give up now. (Just kidding! Don’t give up; we’re just getting started!) This video takes you through a quick series of squats, push-ups, lunges and planks, and all you need is a mat (lay it out next to your bed the night before!) and some light weights. (via Joanna Soh)
2. Morning Routine! Workout & Healthy Breakfast: We’re aiming to totally change how you think about mornings this week. This video has some great tips and focuses on remaking your whole morning into a healthy routine, from wake-up to breakfast. (via MayBaby)
3. “Good Morning” Mandisa Dance Fitness: You’re still easing into this whole “up and at ’em” thing, so reward yourself with something FUN on Day 3. Try this peppy fitness dance routine that even the most coordination-challenged of us can follow. (via REFITREV)
4. Morning Yoga Workout: Slow everything down (except your fitness progress) with some yoga on Day 4. This 15-minute sequence will wake you up, strengthen your arms and stretch out your shoulders, which is great if you’re going to spend the rest of your day hunched over a desk. (via Boho Beautiful)
5. 6 Minute Morning Workout Before Shower: If you’re short on time when you get to Thursday, this workout gives you the most fitness bang for your sleepy buck. Work your way through bodyweight squats, push ups and other basic moves you probably already know how to do. No pausing to learn a complicated new sequence — just a focused, six-minute workout. (via Fitwirr)
6. Morning Yoga for Weight Loss: Back to yoga! A deep stretch is important, whether your personal fitness vision is in line with the weight-loss goals of this video or not. Twenty minutes is enough time for multiple flows throughout your practice, and those warrior poses will make you feel ready to attack the day. (via PsycheTruth)
7. Wake Up and GO HIIT Workout: Congratulations, you’ve officially made it to the end of the week! And we’re officially not taking it easy on you. This intense HIIT workout is where you prove your morning workout worth. You’ll have 20 seconds active and 20 seconds rest, three times through for each exercise, with moves that combine cardio and strength like jumping lunge splits and flutter kick squats. (via FitnessBlender)
Show us your morning workout selfies by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #BritAMworkout!
(Featured photo via Getty)