Breakfast isn’t just the most important meal of the day — it’s arguably also the most delish. When rumors first swirled last summer of McDonald’s breakfast becoming an all-day affair, hash browns and sausage-loving snackers went berserk. It’s understandable, really. There’s no treat yo’self meal quite like a tasty brekkie, and no more joyful gift than the ability to eat it any time of the day. Well, good news: You’re totally an adult who can eat breakfast at whatever time of day you damn well please! And, better news: More and more amazing restaurants across the country are feeding your need for all-day breakfasts that will make your mouth water.
Thanks to data from guide app Foursquare, we’ve rounded up the 15 most popular all-day breakfasts in the US of A. Whether you want a legit 8am breakfast or a 10pm pancake date, we’ve got you covered with the very best.
1. Rooster, St. Louis, MO: It’s *all* about those Nutella crepes.
2. Norma’s, New York, NY: Go French for the toast.
3. Open City, Washington DC: Fried chicken and waffles? Yes PLEASE!
4. 50’s Diner, Dedham, MA: It’s a for-real ’50s diner, people. Bust out the poodle skirt.
5. U Street Café, Washington DC: Budget babes — check this out.
6. Coastal Kitchen, Seattle, WA: The huevos rancheros = the bomb dot com.
7. Pinecrest Diner, San Francisco, CA: This amazingly affordable greasy spoon is a must-stop on your next trip to Brit HQ.
8. Delicatessen, New York, NY: Word is, they have a magical way with waffles.
9. Theo & Stacy’s, Kalamazoo, MI: You can get Mickey Mouse pancakes here so… ‘nough said.
10. Cabot’s Ice Cream & Restaurant, Newton, MA: One diner called this gem “an icon of American life,” if you weren’t already convinced by the “ice cream” part.
11. Bouldin Creek Café, Austin, TX: Believe the veggie bacon hype.
12. Hugo’s Restaurant, West Hollywood, CA: The Eggs Blackstone here make for some long weekend line-ups… but we’re told they’re worth the wait.
13. Giant Hamburgers, Mesa, AZ: One of the area’s best kept secrets.
14. The Grey Dog, New York, NY: Breakfast quesadilla? Done.
15. Goofy Cafe & Dine, Honolulu, HI: Eggs benny with kalua pork? BRB, booking a plane ticket.
What’s your favorite foodie-approved brekkie spot? Salivate over more of our recipes on Pinterest!
(Photo via Getty)