You can probably count on one hand the number of times you’ve made it to McDonald’s in time for McDonald's breakfast hours for some hangover cures. And thanks to that frustratingly annoying 10:30 AM (or 11 AM on weekends) cut-off, you have more than likely freaked out like Adam Sandler did in Big Daddymore times than you’d like to admit (guilty as charged). When we actually do make the cut-off, we usually cry tears of joy while holding our McMuffin. We hope you enjoy these copycat recipes of your Mickey D favorites!
Breakfast for dinner at McDonald’s was good while it lasted and while we'd still love to buy some McMuffins, McGriddles, etc. past cut-off, we simply can't any longer. To get over the lost all-day breakfast and changes to McDonald's breakfast hours, we dug up some copycat recipes (we’re kinda big fans of recreating menu classics) because, let’s be honest, you're not making it to the fast food restaurant before 11 AM on a Saturday or Sunday.
1. The McMuffin: Give the AM menu classic an upgrade with this butternut squash + kale homemade version. Add sausage, ham and/or bacon to really kick it up a notch. (via The Miniature Moose)
3. The Sausage Burrito: So *technically* this is a vegan take on the menu item, but how can you refuse this breakfast burrito when it’s packed with potatoes, garlic, fresh herbs and everything else that will make you not even miss that sausage? (via Produce on Parade)
4. The Hotcakes: Brown butter + cinnamon maple syrup? Sold. Whipping up a batch STAT. (via Love + Cupcakes)
5. The McGriddle: You’re definitely not gonna find a paleo item on McDonald’s menu. Try this authentic take on the McGriddle. We’ll bet you’ll never order the original McGriddle again after this recipe. (via I'm Hungry For That)
6. The Fruit ‘n Yogurt Parfait: Throw Greek yogurt, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, honey, granola, almonds, figs and grapes into a mason jar to alleviate that inner guilt of missing the McDonald’s breakfast cut-off time. (via Design Love Fest)
7. The Hash Browns: Yeah, the fast food joint’s hash browns are irresistible. So is this baked parmesan recipe. Bonus points because they are adorable, bite-sized cups. (via Averie Cooks)
8. The Southern Style Chicken Biscuit: Are you drooling at this maple buttermilk chicken biscuit or is that just us? Pair with some hot sauce to add tears to that drool ;) (via Brown Sugar)
Will you be making any of these McDonald’s breakfast menu items at home before they’re available for fast pickup nationwide? Let us know which ones you’ll be recreating in the comments.
This post has been updated from an earlier post.
(Photo via McDonald’s)
- McDonald's Breakfast Menu Changes — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- McDonald's Breakfast Hours are Changing - Brit + Co ›